Moved to Scotland without a C in Maths GCSE

Watch this thread
renatza
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
So I am in incredibly desperate need of help and guidance. I sat my maths foundation gcse maths exam last year and as expected, I got a D. This was to none of my surprise and I was already aware that I would retake it at college. However due to reasons, my family and I moved to Scotland. I was studying A levels along side with my maths but now moving to Scotland I will be doing highers and the school haven't decided whether to put me in s5 or s6. Without any knowledge of national 5 maths I am terribly worried about even standing a chance. How can I help myself get a pass? Also would I even be able to take nat5 maths in s6? I really need maths for uni and (good) jobs so please help me out if you can!
Friffinghell
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by renatza)
So I am in incredibly desperate need of help and guidance. I sat my maths foundation gcse maths exam last year and as expected, I got a D. This was to none of my surprise and I was already aware that I would retake it at college. However due to reasons, my family and I moved to Scotland. I was studying A levels along side with my maths but now moving to Scotland I will be doing highers and the school haven't decided whether to put me in s5 or s6. Without any knowledge of national 5 maths I am terribly worried about even standing a chance. How can I help myself get a pass? Also would I even be able to take nat5 maths in s6? I really need maths for uni and (good) jobs so please help me out if you can!
You'll be able to do Nat 5 maths. I won't lie, it is tough. I found it hard- but if you have a good teacher then it makes all the difference.

I failed the maths GCSE years ago and went back and did the Nat 5 last year for a course I am doing. It made a lot more sense this time around.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (139)
66.19%
No (47)
22.38%
I didn't use it to prepare (24)
11.43%

Watched Threads