Goldsmiths Postgrad Interview!! Watch

PsychStudenttt
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have an interview coming up for my Masters with Goldsmiths university. Had to prepare a five minute presentation on research i conducted. Did anyone have an interview already? Crazy anxiety on the questions they might ask.
PegasusTenma
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What is the course?
Starmac
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Which course is it for? I had to do an interview and presentation over the phone due to being in america. I got in even though I didn't do so hot. So let me know for what course and I'll give ya some info on what to know...or atleast what I had to know.
PsychStudenttt
Rep:
?
Hey everyone! Had the interview already yeah mine was over the phone since I don't live there either. Sitting for my MSc in Forensic Psychology still waiting for some feedback, wasn't so bad but will see. What course you going in for Starmac?
Starmac
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Congrats on being done with the interview... I absolutely dreaded it and was happy to be done with it. Im currently going to be getting an Msc in Forensic Psychology as well. So i guess we literally had the same interview lol. It didn't take them long to offer me a place. I interviewed early morning USA time which was lik 6pm UK time, and got accepted at like 3 am ...well in UK time it was probably the next morning there. So you shouldn't have to wait for a decision for too long which is good I hate waiting.
PsychStudenttt
Rep:
?
oh really same course? awesome! yeah, still waiting, managed to answer everything, but my nerves were off the roof. Congrats on getting in though! Was so happy when it was over hahaha, have no idea how i went - sounded very unenthusiastic over the phone. Will let you know if i'll be joining you.
Starmac
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah same course woop. Yeah my nerves were crazy too I'm sure I talked way too fast during my interview to be honest mainly the presentation portion. They also seemed rather lack luster during mine it made me even more nervous. I literally said something I thought was funny and laughed they were like ".... ummm okay, so anyway" and continued asking questions. I was just like welp I'm not getting in lmfao. I was pretty upset to say the least. But somehow it worked out, so don't let the unenthusiastic tones fool you. And 🤞hoping you will be joining me! 🤞
PsychStudenttt
Rep:
?
Yes exactly!!!! And mine started with 'our interview was schedules for 2.30 not 4pm' and I had to tell them that i changed the time and communicated with someone and had it confirmed....and they just said 'well I wasn't informed.....anyway okay lets begin.' Horrible, and yeah didn't know how I did, no emotion behind the voice or any 'that was interesting'.....Fingers crossed though
Starmac
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by PsychStudenttt)
Yes exactly!!!! And mine started with 'our interview was schedules for 2.30 not 4pm' and I had to tell them that i changed the time and communicated with someone and had it confirmed....and they just said 'well I wasn't informed.....anyway okay lets begin.' Horrible, and yeah didn't know how I did, no emotion behind the voice or any 'that was interesting'.....Fingers crossed though
Geez I can see why you would be nervous but stay positive and optimistic keep us posted!
PsychStudenttt
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Starmac)
Geez I can see why you would be nervous but stay positive and optimistic keep us posted!
Hey got an update! So they emailed saying I've been shortlisted, so will only be offered a place if someone doesn't accept their offer. Will let you know preparing for an interview with Nottingham Trent in the meantime
Starmac
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Geez well atleast your in Pretty much but yes definitely let me know what happens with Trent I had started to apply there but later decided not to. Good Luck!
shahwars
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi guys i have an interview on Wednesday for MSc Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. If you have applied for this course and had to take an interview any advice would be extremely helpful.

They also asked that i present a clinical case study of CBT for ten minutes but prior to the interview i have to send them a handout of the case study. I am confused about the handout.

ANy advice would helpful!
Thank you!
Kellyv
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah same course woop. Yeah my nerves were crazy too I'm sure I talked way too fast during my interview to be honest mainly the presentation portion. They also seemed rather lack luster during mine it made me even more nervous. I literally said something I thought was funny and laughed they were like ".... ummm okay, so anyway" and continued asking questions. I was just like welp I'm not getting in lmfao. I was pretty upset to say the least. But somehow it worked out, so don't let the unenthusiastic tones fool you. And 🤞hoping you will be joining me! 🤞
I'll be studying for my MSc in Forensic Psychology at Goldsmiths too! I found the interviewers to be very friendly! Who did you interview with?
poljane
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey guys, i have an telephone interview for Msc Forensic Psychology but not really sure what to expect! did you just present your research by doing a mini summary of your UG dissertation?be grateful for any advice as am very nervous!
PsychStudenttt
Rep:
?
Geez well atleast your in Pretty much but yes definitely let me know what happens with Trent I had started to apply there but later decided not to. Good Luck!
Hey! Will be going to Nottingham Trent not goldsmiths, decided it's better as I'm guaranteed placements during my studies so good experience good luck in your course! Pity I won't be with you - was nice knowing someone in the same studies hahaha
PsychStudenttt
Rep:
?
(Original post by poljane)
Hey guys, i have an telephone interview for Msc Forensic Psychology but not really sure what to expect! did you just present your research by doing a mini summary of your UG dissertation?be grateful for any advice as am very nervous!
Hey! Since it was a phone interview I kept some notes in front of me laid out just in case you get stuck. I had given a summary of my research and findings, prepare an answer to why you chose this course and any experience, and maybe why this u oversight too? I didn't really have a nice person on the phone as she didn't give any indication on whether it's interesting or not. Good luck though, you'll do fine
kateemmabias
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi there, Do you have any advice for me? I have my interview next week... any useful readings to help me prepare for the interview? Did you prepare a powerpoint presentation? Thanks,Kate
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Goldsmiths, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (195)
22.67%
The paper was reasonable (393)
45.7%
Not feeling great about that exam... (158)
18.37%
It was TERRIBLE (114)
13.26%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed