CCEA Geography AS1 2017

Watch this thread
Sarahloretta761
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Regarding the CCEA AS1 Physical Geography paper 16th May. Was it just me, or was that the worst paper that could have come up today? No essay option on a Tundra or flooding😭
kiera325
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
Honestly agree 100%!!!!!!

Was hoping for flooding in an LEDC, succession and a depression/anticylcone!!

I ran out of time aswell, leaving out the jet stream 6 marker

I didn't revise hurricanes so I was stuck with 4&5, what the hell was number 4? I didn't understand what the questions was asking of me so I literally wrote down everything except for soft engineering. Hopefully next years paper is better when I repeat!!

What essay questions did you do?
Sarahloretta761
Rep:
Thank god I'm not alone lol, I did Channelisation and Small scale ecosystem. Not gonna lie I think I aced the second one, but legit BS'd the entire way through the rest. I did my essays first and was buzzing when I got them finished then literally teared up when I saw the graph questions😫

How are you feeling about Friday??
kiera325
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I done my essays first too and was the same with the amount of graphs!!! Honestly terrible.

Just finished my maths exam today so I'm revising for human today and tomorrow, haven't even looked at it before this so I'm kinda scared.. Hopefully it's a nice paper as I'm worse at human

What do you think the essay questions will be? Honestly data collection better come up
Sarahloretta761
Rep:
(Original post by kiera325)
I done my essays first too and was the same with the amount of graphs!!! Honestly terrible.

Just finished my maths exam today so I'm revising for human today and tomorrow, haven't even looked at it before this so I'm kinda scared.. Hopefully it's a nice paper as I'm worse at human

What do you think the essay questions will be? Honestly data collection better come up
Everyone was saying that the Maths today was horrible, I hope a fertility policy comes up so we can do the One Child Policy in China, my teachers seem to think it should but it was on the specimen so it might not

I will cry if Inner City Challenges come up as an essay. I was hoping AS1 would be a good paper so i wouldnt be as worried about AS2, but clearly not!!
Jamiemcq17
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I though AS 1 was very hard. The essay questions were okay but i was expecting the tundra to come up. The graphs were disgusting so im praying for data collection and BRICS 15 marks on friday
Sarahloretta761
Rep:
(Original post by Jamiemcq17)
I though AS 1 was very hard. The essay questions were okay but i was expecting the tundra to come up. The graphs were disgusting so im praying for data collection and BRICS 15 marks on friday
Data collection would be the best 15 marker to come up, but i honestly find it so hard to understand BRICS, id much rather Millenium Development Goals.. because there is so much to talk about but BRICS seems to be really repetitive or something

Let's all hope CCEA goes easy on us since AS1 was horrible lol
kiera325
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Literally we switched from Belfast to Dublin a week before our exam for the inner city case study and I don't know anything, so if that comes up I've basically failed. Going to try find essays on it now and just copy it
Sarahloretta761
Rep:
(Original post by kiera325)
Literally we switched from Belfast to Dublin a week before our exam for the inner city case study and I don't know anything, so if that comes up I've basically failed. Going to try find essays on it now and just copy it
We're doing Dublin too, but holy crap that case study is like 3 pages long even when its condensed!! its so hard to remember case studies for AS2 i think..
hii6575
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
What is data collection ??
Sarahloretta761
Rep:
(Original post by hii6575)
What is data collection ??
Data Collection in either an LEDC or MEDC so like, the use of national census and vital registration
Ben5600_6369
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Was anyone else not taught the deposition or erosion graph😂 Never even heard of it
Sarahloretta761
Rep:
(Original post by Ben5600)
Was anyone else not taught the deposition or erosion graph😂 Never even heard of it
I don't think we had to be taught it, was probably just one of those ones where we had to use knowledge from something else we learned. But aye i had no idea what to do for that and actually think i wrote like one line lmao
kiera325
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Anyone have any idea of what we have to know on Wednesday..

Do we have to evaluate triangular graphs, choropleth maps etc?
Shapsharks
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Do any of you guys remember what the Ecosystems essay question was in AS1 and what the Population essay question was in AS2? I’d like to try and write an essay on both but CCEA haven’t released the paper yet.
Hope anyone can help! Very desperate. Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (65)
27.9%
As I expected (73)
31.33%
Harder (87)
37.34%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.43%

Watched Threads