The Student Room Group

How can I revise?

Hello, I am sitting my English literature exam a week on Friday (an inspector calls and Heroes) I have purchased the revision guide of these two novels but I have no idea what revision to do. We are required to write a response to a extract from both the novels and a essay about a character and or a theme. I have been told that we need quotes in our essay but I can't find any.

Any suggestions would be a big help
I don't study Heroes, but i think exam practice is best revision to do, also learn few quotes from Inspector Calls, as well as themes
Original post by Gabre2609
I don't study Heroes, but i think exam practice is best revision to do, also learn few quotes from Inspector Calls, as well as themes

The question will ask you to analyse a short extract, looking at a particular character or theme, and then to comment on this character or theme through the rest of the text.
There is a huge amount online about An Inspector Calls. BBC Bitesize is as good a place as any to start. Learn a few short quotes (Mrs B 'she had only herself to blame' 'Fire and blood and anguish') but it's more important to know what the text is actually about. Inspector Calls is about responsibility, while Heroes explores the different sides of people and makes us question the idea of what makes a hero. If you can't remember quotations word for word don't worry. A close guess will also get credit.
Test yourself by listing the main events in each text, in order. Come up with three or four adjectives for each of the main characters e.g. selfish, caring, dishonest.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending