The Student Room Group

Are my grades good enough for universities like Cambridge or Imperial college?

I know many factors are taken into consideration but assuming every other factor is perfect, is my GCSE grades good enough?

Maths- A*
Chemistry- A*
Biology- A*
Physics- A*
PE- B
English Literature- C
English Language- B
Business Studies- A*
Computer Science- A
Mandarin- A
Spanish- A*
Reply 1
Absolutely! Other than Oxford, most universities only pay attention to your A Levels as far as grades go. The rest is based on your personal statement, interviews and entrance tests. I know people who have been rejected from Cambridge with 11A*s at GCSE, due to poor interviews and tests, so its really nothing to go by. I currently study Computing at Imperial, and got 4A*s and 7As at GCSE, but all they were really bothered about was my A Level grades. So long as you work hard, there is no reason you can't get in to those uni's :smile:
Original post by jdjack
Absolutely! Other than Oxford, most universities only pay attention to your A Levels as far as grades go. The rest is based on your personal statement, interviews and entrance tests. I know people who have been rejected from Cambridge with 11A*s at GCSE, due to poor interviews and tests, so its really nothing to go by. I currently study Computing at Imperial, and got 4A*s and 7As at GCSE, but all they were really bothered about was my A Level grades. So long as you work hard, there is no reason you can't get in to those uni's :smile:

Alright! Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest