The Student Room Group

OCR Latin GCSE Response (2017)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by DavoGCSE
It's always 90UMS, but if the others are similar difficulty I reckon around 85% overall would be expected

So to get an overall A* grade do u have to get the A* UMS mark for each paper.
Like if you got As in two of the papers would that mean you wouldn't get an overall A* or
If you add up all your uMs marks and divided by 4 to get and average of 90 UMs would you get and overall A*
Original post by pooy
So to get an overall A* grade do u have to get the A* UMS mark for each paper.
Like if you got As in two of the papers would that mean you wouldn't get an overall A* or
If you add up all your uMs marks and divided by 4 to get and average of 90 UMs would you get and overall A*

I think it's usually the latter: add em up and divide by 4. Individual scores don't matter :smile:
Guys I know this is late and others have probably asked it but you know how the A* is always 90%? Is that 90% UMS or 90% raw mark? As in -- say if the top 10% of the country got like 82% raw mark then they would get 90% UMS, or do you literally have to get 90% raw mark (like your score/paper total score = 90%)?

Not sure but I'd like to think I can get 90% UMS. Language 1, Messalina/Ummidia, and Aeneid 1 were a ball (even though they gave us that dumb Aeneid 8 marker). Language 2 was impossible though, so if it's 90% raw percentage I'm finished!

Quick Reply

Latest