Identifying as "non-binary" is ridiculous and utterly stupid Watch

This discussion is closed.
zezno
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
You're either a male or female. End of. I don't understand where this nonsense is coming from?
urgurlbecca
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I was watching an interview between Piers Morgan and two non-binary people this morning.

I don't entirely understand it but if it makes them happy and doesn't affect me, why should I care?
Lord_Mediocre
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by zezno)
You're either a male or female. End of. I don't understand where this nonsense is coming from?
It's not for others to decide how people identify themselves.
zezno
Rep:
?
(Original post by urgurlbecca)
I was watching an interview between Piers Morgan and two non-binary people this morning.

I don't entirely understand it but if it makes them happy and doesn't affect me, why should I care?
If it spreads it could be a problem. What toilets would non-binary people go into? If convicted, which prison cells would they go into? If being chased down by the police how do they know what gender they are?
abc_123_
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What is non binary? x
urgurlbecca
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by zezno)
If it spreads it could be a problem. What toilets would non-binary people go into? If convicted, which prison cells would they go into? If being chased down by the police how do they know what gender they are?
I don't think it will 'spread', so to speak. It's not a fashion trend.
InArduisFouette
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by zezno)
do you understand the difference between the following ;

-Sex
-Gender Identity
-Gender Expression
-Sexuality

because you certainly seem to be conflatign at least three of them in your OP ...
zezno
Rep:
?
(Original post by zippyRN)

-Sex
-Gender Identity
-Gender Expression
-Sexuality

because you certainly seem to be conflatign at least three of them in your OP ...
Yes I do and it's stupid that people would want to identify as non-binary
InArduisFouette
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by zezno)
Toilet designations in the Uk are entirely advisory in nature, the exception being RadarKey secured accessible toilets / changing paces. The advice that is given by responsible sources is that you should use the toilet facilities that you feel is most appropriate, and for many NB or Genderfluid people that does change depending on presentation.

HMPPS has a well established process to deal with the placement of gender variant and trans gender prisoners.

Your last point is irrelevant .
InArduisFouette
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by zezno)
Yes I do and it's stupid that people would want to identify as non-binary
You do not appear to be demonstrating this with regard to understanding the difference between sex and gender.

Why is it 'stupid' to identify as None Binary or Genderfluid ? and what gives you the right to make that pronouncement ? ( other than a misplaced belief in your own superiority and exercise of privlige )
InArduisFouette
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by zezno)
ye I'm sorry but I'm not even gonna bother with you. It's ridiculous
your OP appears to ask a question, however your responses demonstrate that you are not interested in discussion , i predict this thread will be closed soon and hopefully you might just keep your account , but i wouldn't count on it , TSR isn;t fond of the various flavours of bigot especially when they say things that could be held to be in breach of the Equality Act.
username2080673
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by zezno)
What's your opinion on unisex toilets?
zezno
Rep:
?
[QUOTE=Conceited;71505644]What's your opinion on unisex toilets?[/QUOTE

If those who are fine with it, sure. But it still doesn't stop perverts
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Don't identify as nonbinary, then. Nobody said you had to.
InArduisFouette
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Conceited)
probably the same as their opinion on homophones, extroverts and thespians and those who indulge in nepotism with their cousins ...
Danny the Geezer
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It's absolute ********, as is the "INFJ" etc personality labels, it's just a label to make you more "alternative"
Danny the Geezer
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

-Sex
-Gender Identity
-Gender Expression
-Sexuality

Sex: (yes please :sexface: )

tbf they're not exactly entirely distinct entities
InArduisFouette
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by zezno)
(Original post by Conceited)
If those who are fine with it, sure. But it still doesn't stop perverts
like politicians and catholic priests you mean ?

or the various other 'straight' men caught with their pants down and their honourable member in the arse or mouth of some rent boy ?
username2926188
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i identify as a golden chicken nugget
zezno
Rep:
?
like politicians and catholic priests you mean ?

or the various other 'straight' men caught with their pants down and their honourable member in the arse or mouth of some rent boy ?
I don't get your point. I don't have any problems with homosexuals lol.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (102)
24%
No (323)
76%

Watched Threads