The Student Room Group

How to stop thinking about exams between now and August

So I done my first gcse exam yesterday (not my first ever I mean my first one in May/June 2017) and i cannot stop thinking about all the answers I wrote. I came out of the exam feeling positive but between now and then I've started to doubt what I wrote and I keep going over my answers in my head and it's really starting to annoy me. I keep getting told "oh there's nothing you can do about it now" I know there is nothing I can do but I just can't help it.

I'm worried that this is gonna ruin my summer, I've got another 3 exams to do and it's 14 weeks until results day, that's ages! I just keep thinking I really can't wait that long, I know I have no choice but it's really doing my head in.

It's just such a pain, I just want to forget about my exams after I've done them and think about them on results day as I don't know if I could bare another 3 months of thinking about it!

Is anyone else the same? Why do they have to keep us waiting so long? I honestly don't know how I managed last summer after the May/June 2016 exams
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Apple2017
So I done my first gcse exam yesterday (not my first ever I mean my first one in May/June 2017) and i cannot stop thinking about all the answers I wrote. I came out of the exam feeling positive but between now and then I've started to doubt what I wrote and I keep going over my answers in my head and it's really starting to annoy me. I keep getting told "oh there's nothing you can do about it now" I know there is nothing I can do but I just can't help it.

I'm worried that this is gonna ruin my summer, I've got another 3 exams to do and it's 14 weeks until results day, that's ages! I just keep thinking I really can't wait that long, I know I have no choice but it's really doing my head in.

It's just such a pain, I just want to forget about my exams after I've done them and think about them on results day as I don't know if I could bare another 3 months of thinking about it!

Is anyone else the same? Why do they have to keep us waiting so long?

You need to focus on your upcoming exams, whilst the grade you get for the exam you've just sat has already been decided you can still influence what you get in the next three.

Also you haven't even finished yet, so you may not care as much as you think when you have an entire summer free.

Quick Reply

Latest