The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of kent, philosophy course questions

I am about to finish my first year of philosophy at kent, if you have any questions I'll try my best to answer them :smile:
Reply 1
im hoping to do philosophy at kent.. have a few questions.. in general is the course oversubscribed/popular because worried about results day.. are they lenienthow are you finding the courseand what has first year been like overall for you.. meeting coursemates.. friends etcapologies for the multitude of questions.. just curious
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Yes, the course is very popular with the seminar group sizes of about 10-15, although the introduction to philosophy module (compulsory for all philosophy students) had about 20 people per seminar group. As philosophy is all coursework bases and I only have one exam for my politics module results day doesn't cause too much stress as I already know most of my grades. As for how lenient they are I can only say that the marking has been quite generous, as long as you do the reading and know how to construct essays well, and of course listen in your seminars you'll find the work quite easy.

My first year has been amazing. I'm not the most out going person so I though I wouldn't be able to make many friends. But, I've found so many through my course and societies but surprisingly I found my closest friends just by putting myself out there on freshers week, I've made probably my closest friends i've ever had with some people in the flat across from mine (I lived in parkwood flats)

If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending