WJEC ICT Unit 1: Unoffical Markscheme?

Watch
Klinex
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Today i sat my ICT Unit 1 exam!

I was wondering if everyone else who sat it would like to post their answers to find out if we can make a little markscheme out of it?
Matt11511
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Oh yeah it was ****ing sick mate thoroughly enjoyed it
Klinex
Rep:
?
i'll start with some of the questions i wrote.

(I am a student too, these are just my answers and they may not [Probably Aren't] correct. Take these with a grain of salt)

These are some of the questions i remember roughly:

Knowledge - Some random stuff about temperatures, i only remember '31*C' (* = Degree).

Information - 31*C (* = Degree).

Data - 31.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Describe what an email is: [2 marks]
A message sent between computers and/or networks.

Why would a family member use email? [1 mark]
A family member could use an e-mail to send a CV to an employer in search of a job.

I also can't remember this question but there was a 3rd, i think it was advantages of email.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next was the email from the bank.

What was the security issue in this email? [1 mark]
Phishing.

Give two indications as to how this email could potentially be a scam. [2 marks]
1. The bank would never ask for your username and password in an email.
2. They used slang for the word 'You' and instead used 'U'.

Some other possible answers that i thought of:
- Didn't know the persons name and used Dear Sir/Maddam <-- They also spelt that wrong.
- Wasn't a very formal email seeing as it came from the bank.

I think that this question has a lot of potential answers that will get you a mark, as long as it's realistic i wouldn't worry too much.

My mind has gone completely blank as to what the rest of the questions were, i'll edit this post throughout the day(s) when i remember more
livvvvv1111
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
the question about email was an electronic message sent across a network. a use of this with a family member could be anything such as sending an invite for a wedding to other family members. An advantage of email could of been its environmentally friendly, can send attachments so dont have to print files, saves money as dont need postage stamp, can send group emails. The question witht the example email was an example of phishing and examples that make the recipient suspicious was the email address and incorrect grammar. The prevention was to not open the email or hyperlink, dont enter any details or to have a spam filter.

The key field was owner ID number which is used to uniquely identify a record. The amount of fields with boolean was 1. A validation that had to be ticked for the pet type field was drop down list.

Benfits of spreadsheet is automatic recalculation of data, accurate calculations, can make graphs.

Health hazards included RSI (use wrist supports), Eye Strain (use screen filter), Headaches (take regular breaks), Backache (adjustable chairs).

Method of finding music on a website is search engine, hyperlinks, hotspots. Advantages of downloading music:
* empowers disabled
* can download one song rather than whole album
* can download 24/7
* saves travel time as dont have to go to physical music store
Disadvantages:
*could download a virus
*fraudulent sites leading to loss in money
Sensors for weather: Temperature Wind Speed Wind Direction Humidity Rainfall
Ways of displaying weather information was icons, tables and animations
Advantages of ICT based weather systems can take readings 24/7 less human interaction needed can work in dangerous places Disadvantages: over-reliance on system initial cost of equipment calibration these are just some i can rememeber and dont know if theyre all right, just some teacher said were correct
Klinex
Rep:
?
Well.. I have most definitely just lost about 15 marks right off the bat :c
dudeee
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by klinex)
well.. I have most definitely just lost about 15 marks right off the bat :c
hope we did well, but we werent taught the last 11 mark question about payroll had to improvise...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (58)
17.31%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (94)
28.06%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (128)
38.21%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (44)
13.13%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.28%

Watched Threads