1tnedutS
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
The whole world is in turmoil and realistically, the only way to stop it is for there to be a war between many countries so that eventually they will have peace talks. Usually there is a large war every 30 years (cold war, ww2, ww1 etc) meaning we should be having one soon. What are you views on this?
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by 1tnedutS)
Usually there is a large war every 30 years (cold war, ww2, ww1 etc) meaning we should be having one soon.
Do the wars in Iraq, Syria, Korea, Afghanistan, Libya, Darfur, and every other ongoing conflict on this page not count?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...rmed_conflicts
_gcx
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The whole world is in turmoil and realistically, the only way to stop it is for there to be a war between many countries so that eventually they will have peace talks. Usually there is a large war every 30 years (cold war, ww2, ww1 etc) meaning we should be having one soon. What are you views on this?
We could always recolonise India for the banter.
programmedrobot
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
No, it is a recipe for disaster and a situation unlikely to happen, it's all scaremongering techniques.
username1221160
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
When you say we need world war, do you intend to be the first into the fray? Or do you intend to watch the action on TV while eating Domino's?
Jammy Duel
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
There's a large war every 30 years? No there isn't. The last proper war between great powers was 1939-1945, before that 1914-1919, and before that 1803-1815
1tnedutS
Rep:
?
(Original post by Quantex)
When you say we need world war, do you intend to be the first into the fray? Or do you intend to watch the action on TV while eating Domino's?
To be perfectly honest, watching TV, I am too westernised.
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
To be perfectly honest, watching TV, I am too westernised.
Ah yes, because shooting people is an entirely foreign concept to the british. We've not been involved in an armed conflict since 1066 or something.
1tnedutS
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gofre)
Do the wars in Iraq, Syria, Korea, Afghanistan, Libya, Darfur, and every other ongoing conflict on this page not count?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...rmed_conflicts
Yes, I know there are wars around the world but these are mainly to do with terrorism, Im not saying we HAVE to have world war 3, it just it seems it has to go like that. These are mainly terrorist organisations and infighting which western countries have joined in to distract from troubles within their government (eg the US with Syria)
1tnedutS
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gofre)
Ah yes, because shooting people is an entirely foreign concept to the british. We've not been involved in an armed conflict since 1066 or something.
Well, the British dont have conscription is what i meant
l_nleya
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
who else is only here to pree other peoples reaction to this ??
Hans_Westmar
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I used to think that but after reading 'The Forgotten Soldier' by Guy Sajer I have to disagree.

Wars are always won by the wealthiest side anyway, not the one that would improve the world.
1tnedutS
Rep:
?
(Original post by l_nleya)
Im trying to start a discussion, obviously im not supporting millions of deaths of innnocent people but to do with politics, its looking like ww3 might happen soon and not just a far off joke
1tnedutS
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hans_Westmar)
I used to think that but after reading 'The Forgotten Soldier' by Guy Sajer I have to disagree.

Wars are always won by the wealthiest side anyway, not the one that would improve the world.
Thanks, ill have a read of it when i have more spare time
1tnedutS
Rep:
?
username2926188
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
lool prsom
username2926188
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by l_nleya)
meeeeeee
username2926188
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
my life is poo so why not ?
1tnedutS
Rep:
?
(Original post by David Camerooon)
After the hammering from tory cuts, it's more likely that India could colonise us lol. We only have 80k soldiers left
At least we have trident (for now) although i disagree with nuclear weapons completely
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Well, the British dont have conscription is what i meant
In the event of a global war of the scale you suggest we 'need', that would no longer be the case; you'd be in uniform.

Still keen?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (4)
57.14%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (2)
28.57%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (1)
14.29%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (0)
0%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (0)
0%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (0)
0%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (0)
0%

Watched Threads