Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey i was wondering if nottingham university prefers international students for the LLB course coz i have heard it does as they r being paid heavily.....and also wud i as an I.S need to sit for the law entry exam or watever it is called?...im planing to apply to nottingham, manchester and leicester by october.(for the sept 2005 session)....is it too late coz i dint do too good on my gcse's either...(about 3 Az and the rest Bz)?
    and just one more question.....are nottingham's law course modules as good as manchester's?
    i have visited nottingham and manchester as a tourist about 5 times before and have not come across any of those oh-so-news-material riots/crime incidents etc....but after reading some of the posts here im seriously re-considering my options.....

ReputationRep:
    ohk so i guess nottingham isn't much student-friendly then??i mean no replies at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kinz annoyed)
    ohk so i guess nottingham isn't much student-friendly then??i mean no replies at all
    :rolleyes: post in the nottingham forum

and yes, i expect nottingham and every other british university, incl oxbridge, like international students for the extra cash they bring in.

however the risk of applying to a uni with lower predicted grades is whilst they will let you in with BBB, you will be 'competing' with others who have AAA and therefore will find it a lot tougher

nottingham has the highest amount of foreign students of any uk uni, yes you have a good chance. i don't think you would have to sit the law entrance if they want you, depends on how strong your application is

ReputationRep:
    oh..ohk...thanx!muah

Well, as someone has wisely pointed out in another thread, Nottingham University is not the LSE. Hence they are probably less foreign minded than you think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rah2)

however the risk of applying to a uni with lower predicted grades is whilst they will let you in with BBB, you will be 'competing' with others who have AAA and therefore will find it a lot tougher
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    Where did you get that idea from?
    Not percentage wise but it has 2,500 international students which i'm pretty sure is the highest in the country, lse has only 1,500 i believe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rah2)
    Not percentage wise but it has 2,500 international students which i'm pretty sure is the highest in the country, lse has only 1,500 i believe

and its increasing all the time with new campuses being built in china

i dont blame nottingham uni for picking foreign students over english,for a business perpective,every english student you pick you asre effectively lossing money

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.