viomily
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi, how did everyone find the exam this afternoon? I did unit 2 which is Religion and Life Issues and there were a load of 5 markers in there and no 4 markers at all! I am glad I revised all my teachings. I also did animal rights, planet Earth, early life and young people. What did you guys do and how do you feel it went?

Also how are you feeling about the upcoming exam in June?
SmileyChap
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by viomily)
Hi, how did everyone find the exam this afternoon? I did unit 2 which is Religion and Life Issues and there were a load of 5 markers in there and no 4 markers at all! I am glad I revised all my teachings. I also did animal rights, planet Earth, early life and young people? What did you guys do and how do you feel it went?

Also how are you feeling about the upcoming exam in June?
I did war, prejudice, early life and animals rights.

For the 6 marker in Prejudice, what religious teaching could have been implemented to say that discrimination can't be stopped?
wild139
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SmileyChap)

For the 6 marker in Prejudice, what religious teaching could have been implemented to say that discrimination can't be stopped?
Perhaps that in the Catholic church women can't be bishops because Jesus supposedly had all male disciples.
HiddenFigure
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Yeah from what I remember I don't think the 6 marked even said include religious teachings because they usually do but I think that's the one where I may have missed out on a mark because I couldn't think of a teaching.
chicken123456789
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hearing a lot of people saying you were supposed to leave 2 lines between questions. I didn't is that a problem?
chicken123456789
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

I said in the Qu'ran it says "All who oppose allah should die" and some muslim extremist take this literally. Do you need a for and against teaching for each 6 marker though?
DeepInTheMeadow
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by chicken123456789)
I said in the Qu'ran it says "All who oppose allah should die" and some muslim extremist take this literally. Do you need a for and against teaching for each 6 marker though?
Well, they say you need to consider 'various points of view' so I always try to, but I'm not sure it's compulsory.

I did Planet Earth, Early life, Prejudice and War. There were some weird questions, and every topic had a 5 marker, which was strange. What structure did you guys use for the 5 marker? I did Definition, then 2 or 3 explained teachings.
I'm also a little worried that grade boundaries for A* will be 70/76 or something...

Now I need to get ready for Unit 3!
FelixJ20000
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hearing a lot of people saying you were supposed to leave 2 lines between questions. I didn't is that a problem?
It's scanned in and a computer chops it up, they might just need to get a human to manually chop yours lmao
viomily
Rep:
?
Yeah you were, my mum told me yesterday as lots of people had mentioned it on mumsnet ahaha
It will probablybe okay, the examiner is human so should be able to fathom out your answers. I'm sure loads of people would have done it before.

Also it depends how you interpet two lines, it could have been referring to going onto the next line that skipping it (so leaving a one line space) and they put two lines to make sure no one thought it just meant 'go onto the next line'... if my ramble makes any sense.
viomily
Rep:
?
Do you have to do definitions for 5 and 6 markers? My teacher claims he has never had a student who got below a C but never told us we had to do that... some of my friends in another class said their teacher told them to do definitions too.
chicken123456789
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by DeepInTheMeadow)
Well, they say you need to consider 'various points of view' so I always try to, but I'm not sure it's compulsory.

I did Planet Earth, Early life, Prejudice and War. There were some weird questions, and every topic had a 5 marker, which was strange. What structure did you guys use for the 5 marker? I did Definition, then 2 or 3 explained teachings.
I'm also a little worried that grade boundaries for A* will be 70/76 or something...

Now I need to get ready for Unit 3!
For the 5 markers I pretty much just explained 3 religious reasons in detail.

Also for the war topic, did you get the nuclear proliferation one. No one in our school did as we weren't taught it but I managed to guess it.
chicken123456789
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by viomily)
Do you have to do definitions for 5 and 6 markers? My teacher claims he has never had a student who got below a C but never told us we had to do that... some of my friends in another class said their teacher told them to do definitions too.
Nah we weren't taught that. For 6 markers we were all taught to do for, against, religious and then you're own opinion. And we had 6 people who got full marks on the exam last year so should be okay.
James drewery
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I didn't do that, I doubt it will matter
DOGGYKUTHA
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
just make up quotes e.g if you do judaism for a 2nd religion just say dr david spielberg of the university stated
viomily
Rep:
?

Also for the war topic, did you get the nuclear proliferation one. No one in our school did as we weren't taught it but I managed to guess it.
I didn't do that topic but still revised it and decided to do early life instead.
We didn't learn it in our school either. My friends who chose to do war and peace lost two marks on it, but thankfully I skimmed over the specification earlier and saw it and googled it. It refers to the spread of nuclear weapons being owned by lots of countries I think.
bfm.mcdermott
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Omg it was so hard.

For early life/abortion, what did people put about the rights of an unborn child?!

I put a right to life and food and that definitely doesn't count
viomily
Rep:
?
Nah we weren't taught that. For 6 markers we were all taught to do for, against, religious and then you're own opinion. And we had 6 people who got full marks on the exam last year so should be okay.
Ah thank you! That is reassuring as we use the FARM structure too.
chicken123456789
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by bfm.mcdermott)
Omg it was so hard.

For early life/abortion, what did people put about the rights of an unborn child?!

I put a right to life and food and that definitely doesn't count
That it has no rights until it is born as it is only the mother who can decide on an abortion with 2 doctors before 24 weeks
DeepInTheMeadow
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Yes I did, because it was in the textbook, that I had quite extensively revised, but no-one from my class did because we hadn't been taught it, so it was a bit of a weird one
Oh well, just need to redeem myself on Unit 3, unfortunately that's my weakest unit so....
bfm.mcdermott
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by DeepInTheMeadow)
Yes I did, because it was in the textbook, that I had quite extensively revised, but no-one from my class did because we hadn't been taught it, so it was a bit of a weird one
Oh well, just need to redeem myself on Unit 3, unfortunately that's my weakest unit so....
I checked earlier - the grade boundaries for morality are lower than for life issues... hopefully they'll be even lower this year.

Fingers crossed!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (9)
15.52%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (13)
22.41%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (4)
6.9%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (8)
13.79%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (4)
6.9%
I think it's an unfair expectation (18)
31.03%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
3.45%

Watched Threads