Turn on thread page Beta

GCSE Edexcel ICT Unit 1: Living in a Digital World Wednesday 17th May 2017 watch

ReputationRep:
    How did you guys find the ICT exam and is there an unofficial mark scheme about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentbeast)
    How did you guys find the ICT exam and is there an unofficial mark scheme about?
    Pretty straightforward for me. It's Wednesday the 17th by the way, not the 15th.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joeyfrazier)
    Pretty straightforward for me. It's Wednesday the 17th by the way, not the 15th.

What did u put for equal acess of internet. I put should e equal, if it were poor people could research farming techniques
    Etc, work the way out of poverty.

Also for the uestion that said what does the tablet do prevent unauthorised access, i put auto lock after x time and reset the drive after so there is no data left what did u put?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AhmarIT)
    What did u put for equal acess of internet. I put should e equal, if it were poor people could research farming techniques

Also for the uestion that said what does the tablet do prevent unauthorised access, i put auto lock after x time and reset the drive after so there is no data left what did u put?
    For the one about equal access to the internet, I talked about how not having access can affect your education and also acceptance of the world.

I think I put auto lock as well, I can't remember what else, sorry!

ReputationRep:
    My class really got thrown off with the question where we had to calculate the no. of photos that could be stored but it was pretty straightforward. Who else got 8000?

Pretty easy exam overall, the only question that stumped me was the one about proprietary software. What did you guys get? And what do you reckon the grade boundaries will be like? Last year the boundary for an a* went up by 5 marks despite it being a hard paper and I really hope this year that doesn't happen.

ReputationRep:

Thank you for notifying me on my mistake; I changed it

ReputationRep:

For the equal access question I said it should be equal so that people can be up to date with the news and current world affairs

And to prevent unauthorised access, I said fingerprint ID and adding a pin-code

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fahadmirza)
    My class really got thrown off with the question where we had to calculate the no. of photos that could be stored but it was pretty straightforward. Who else got 8000?

Pretty easy exam overall, the only question that stumped me was the one about proprietary software. What did you guys get? And what do you reckon the grade boundaries will be like? Last year the boundary for an a* went up by 5 marks despite it being a hard paper and I really hope this year that doesn't happen.
    I divided 16000 by 2 and also got 8000.
    That one about proprietary software was the only one I had no clue about actually, I can't remember what I put, I think I said something about how it was more secure because it has a password.
    I think it will be like 60/80 to get an A* but I'm not too sure.

ReputationRep:

Yeah, I got thrown off by the question as I wasn't expecting it but I got 8,192 because 1 GB is 1,024 MB but I think 8000 should be correct too.

For the proprietary software, I mentioned that you're giving more features, applications and exclusive content, meaning that what you want to do is not restricted. Somewhere along those lines.

ReputationRep:
    For the equal access question I said it should be equal so that people can be up to date with the news and current world affairs

Yeah I said fingerprint ID as well, and I put face recognition because I couldn't think of anything else aha

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I said fingerprint ID as well, and I put face recognition because I couldn't think of anything else aha
    I'm sure face recognition would get the mark too

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I got thrown off by the question as I wasn't expecting it but I got 8,192 because 1 GB is 1,024 MB but I think 8000 should be correct too.

For the proprietary software, I mentioned that you're giving more features, applications and exclusive content, meaning that what you want to do is not restricted. Somewhere along those lines.
    I just googled it and it claims that 1GB is 1000MB , I put 8000.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hamza.anwar321)
    I just googled it and it claims that 1GB is 1000MB , I put 8000.
    Incorrect, 1024MB is equivalent to 1GB. Not 1000MB.
    Therefore the correct answer is 8012.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minuscule)
    I know what you mean, in the ICT spec it says a GB is 1000mb whereas in the computing spec and reality it is 1024mb, it's a bit stupid really

ReputationRep:
    what did anyone get for the 3 ways the tablet compute is multi functional

ReputationRep:

Yes i thought it was pretty simple as well and came out with 8000, however lost of other people were saying answers between 500 and 1000 but i think it was 8000. As for the propriety software i put along the lines of ot was more secure and for that reason more expensive, not sure whether that is right though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nickwood1737£:)
    what did anyone get for the 3 ways the tablet compute is multi functional
    Im not 100% sure of my answers as i stuggle with the theory, usuallly due to over complicating it, but i got:
    can take photos
    can connect to the internet
    recive emails (not sure if that is part of connect to the internet though)

ReputationRep:

i said its a human right to education therefore not having internet could be stopping people from getting an education

ReputationRep:

had to be the UI so im not sure about your last two points, fingerprint id requires a sensor (not UI anymore) and pin-passcode would be correct but was given in the question, it specifically said two other ways.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minuscule)
    Incorrect, correct answer was 8192

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 29, 2017
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.