Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    2012 = produce ethanol from crude oil or produce ethanol from sugar cane.

2013 = Describe and explain how petrol is separated from the mixture of hydrocarbons in crude oil.

2014 = give advantages and disadvantages of using biodiesel instead of petroleum diesel.

2015 = Earth's atmosphere

2016 = Describe the advantages and disadvantages of using hydrogen instead of petrol in car engines.

What major topics has AQA not covered in a 6 marker yet? I went through all the past Biology 1 papers and realised that the nervous system has never come as a 6 marker since 2012 meaning AQA does not have alot of topics for the 6 marker to choose from.

my 6 marker guesses:

1. About limestone - pros and cons of quarrying limestone and the uses of limestone. Environmental impacts..etc.

2. The process of electrolysis(in detail)

3. Environmental impacts of burning crude oil and ways to reduce it. (e.g. alternative fuels such as biodiesel or ethanol)

ReputationRep:
    I highly doubt electrolysis will come up as a 6-marker. Most of electrolysis is covered in C2. You might be asked which ions move to which electrodes or what metals it would be used on (more reactive ones like aluminium), but I don't think there would be enough content for 6 marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ineedthosegrades)
    2012 = produce ethanol from crude oil or produce ethanol from sugar cane.

2013 = Describe and explain how petrol is separated from the mixture of hydrocarbons in crude oil.

2014 = give advantages and disadvantages of using biodiesel instead of petroleum diesel.

2015 = Earth's atmosphere

2016 = Describe the advantages and disadvantages of using hydrogen instead of petrol in car engines.

What major topics has AQA not covered in a 6 marker yet? I went through all the past Biology 1 papers and realised that the nervous system has never come as a 6 marker since 2012 meaning AQA does not have alot of topics for the 6 marker to choose from.

my 6 marker guesses:

1. About limestone - pros and cons of quarrying limestone and the uses of limestone. Environmental impacts..etc.

2. The process of electrolysis(in detail)

3. Environmental impacts of burning crude oil and ways to reduce it. (e.g. alternative fuels such as biodiesel or ethanol)
    Doesn't electrolysis come up in C2? You only need to know the basics of electrolysis for C1.
    Limestone hasn't come up in a while but I get the feeling it might be the miller urey experiment
    Good luck for tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by perfectlywrecked)
    Doesn't electrolysis come up in C2? You only need to know the basics of electrolysis for C1.
    Limestone hasn't come up in a while but I get the feeling it might be the miller urey experiment
    Good luck for tomorrow!
    GL too, thanks for the reminder about miller urey experiment shall revise that in more depth now just in case

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it will be limestone, because that's not on the new specification (the year after us) so to have questions on limestone - especially the biggest question on the paper - it would be a bit of a waste on AQA's behalf.

My guess is it'll be an advantages/disadvantages question or one about hydrocarbons (something like the previous questions, but rephrased)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by regularlycliched)
    i don't think it will be limestone, because that's not on the new specification (the year after us) so to have questions on limestone - especially the biggest question on the paper - it would be a bit of a waste on aqa's behalf.

My guess is it'll be an advantages/disadvantages question or one about hydrocarbons (something like the previous questions, but rephrased)
    lol it was limestone

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 20, 2017

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Teesside University
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
If a uni gives me an unconditional offer they....

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.