The Student Room Group

AQA Geography Unit 2 - (GEOG2) Resit Thread.

Hey guys,

I'm making a thread to discuss unit 2 primarily, as opposed to a joint unit 1/2 thread. This is because the exams are so close and people are still discussing Unit 1 in the other ones, so I decided to make another one. What do you guys think the exam'll be on?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Have no idea tbh, have you got any suggestions ?
Reply 2
Last years paper wasn't bad, I have a feeling this years may will be. Also rivers came up last year so will pop defo come up this year? How does it work?

Posted from TSR Mobile
do you guys have any predictions?
Original post by pezisland37
Hey guys,

I'm making a thread to discuss unit 2 primarily, as opposed to a joint unit 1/2 thread. This is because the exams are so close and people are still discussing Unit 1 in the other ones, so I decided to make another one. What do you guys think the exam'll be on?

I'm hoping populations will come up as I personally think its easier and rivers came up last year. I think they'll probably include a graph which you have to comment on or maybe advantages/disadvantages of something like chloropleth maps. It's hard to tell really. Spearmans rank came up last year so I find it unlikely you'll be given a question to calculate it again.

For the fieldwork section im hoping primary data collection questions come up and possibly outline the aims/geographical theory. Last year was sketch map so I find that unlikely to make an appearance. Also hoping that further oppotunities on research question comes up. I'm primarily focusing revision on the fieldwork part, but for the first section what parts of rivers/population should I focus on re-learning? My teacher tells me to focus on fieldwork but I don't like the idea of failing again and want to cover everything :frown:
Original post by SSAA9
Last years paper wasn't bad, I have a feeling this years may will be. Also rivers came up last year so will pop defo come up this year? How does it work?
Posted from TSR Mobile

It's usually rivers one year, then population the next, then rivers the year after and so on. Personally I think it'll be population this year but they have repeated a topic 2 years in a row. Why do you think this paper will be bad? Last years paper should have been ok but I made loads of stupid errors on it and I am worse with rivers than population so for me it wasn't great. A lot of the problem is exam technique for me.
Original post by fayeb1999
It's usually rivers one year, then population the next, then rivers the year after and so on. Personally I think it'll be population this year but they have repeated a topic 2 years in a row. Why do you think this paper will be bad? Last years paper should have been ok but I made loads of stupid errors on it and I am worse with rivers than population so for me it wasn't great. A lot of the problem is exam technique for me.

Jan 13, June 13, June 14 and June 15 were all human - 4 papers in a row. Then it was rivers 16 so my bet is rivers even though I hope not too
Original post by Babyoleg
Jan 13, June 13, June 14 and June 15 were all human - 4 papers in a row. Then it was rivers 16 so my bet is rivers even though I hope not too

Oh right great :s-smilie: lol if it is rivers I'd rather they ask us on human/physical impacts of flooding rather than giving us a confusing graph/storm hydrograph
Reply 8
Original post by fayeb1999

Same I messed up a bit too and I'm not too sure I think the first part (rivers/pop) will be hard. But I really hope that's not the case, don't wanna flop again!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
highly likely to be rivers, possibly flooding as its the last paper so need a balance, with there being 1 more human question than rivers
Original post by Banksy99
highly likely to be rivers, possibly flooding as its the last paper so need a balance, with there being 1 more human question than rivers

There will be one more paper of it next year since for some students it's their first time taking the paper since not all schools did AS exams
Fieldwork part is relatively simple if you know your investigation inside out, the first half is what annoys me - not relearning the entirety of rivers/populations for a couple questions...
Reply 12
Original post by Lukazztic
Fieldwork part is relatively simple if you know your investigation inside out, the first half is what annoys me - not relearning the entirety of rivers/populations for a couple questions...

Exactly!! I'm hoping it's human as it's easy to make up stuff for human and I'm praying no weird graphs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SSAA9
Exactly!! I'm hoping it's human as it's easy to make up stuff for human and I'm praying no weird graphs

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep same! It's easy to decipher human questions like I remember there was a question on Brazil a few years ago, but with physical I have no idea what I'm doing, I haven't really revised a lot for this unit as well as I've prioritised my unit 1 resit aha
Exam is today. I really want to do well. I can do question 2 just fine but question 1 is going to be a challenge. As we are the last cohort to ever do this exam, they may be nice and give us not-so tricky questions?
Reply 15
Is anyone doing rebranding and/or coasts? If so, any predictions on the questions?
That was ****
Awful paper, awful questions and awful timing. Guess I'll be sticking to my D grade.
Original post by Epitype
That was ****

I agree :bawling:
Question 2 was fine but question 1 was absolutely awful. Why was there so many graphs/maps?? A disaster. I'm thinking that the board wanted to screw us over as the last cohort doing this exam lol
Original post by Eigo-Jin
I agree :bawling:
Question 2 was fine but question 1 was absolutely awful. Why was there so many graphs/maps?? A disaster. I'm thinking that the board wanted to screw us over as the last cohort doing this exam lol

I could not for the life of me remember any of the figures for my case studies. I did Rebranding, so when I was trying to note down all of the figures for Stratford Westfield and 2012 Olympics, I couldn't.
The questions were also very specific with what they wanted like success of Rebranding, in an urban area, and social and economic impacts.
Need to do well in Unit 3 I guess. Unit 4 looks good.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending