The Student Room Group

M1 June 2001 question 7 absolutely baffled

image.jpg
Could someone explain this to me please? I am absolutely and want to understand what's going on.
Original post by AJA1994
image.jpg
Could someone explain this to me please? I am absolutely and want to understand what's going on.

Which bit?

Please could you ask a more specific question as well? It's fine to be completely stuck but you have to give us something to work with, even if it's just 'I'm not sure what part a is asking)
Reply 2
Original post by Kevin De Bruyne
Which bit?

Please could you ask a more specific question as well? It's fine to be completely stuck but you have to give us something to work with, even if it's just 'I'm not sure what part a is asking)

I am stuck with part a, I know if its south east or north east for example then you're moving 1 unit in the i direction and 1 in the j direction, but I cant grasp getting the coordinate.

for part b) it says the rescue party moves horizontally, if they're moving horizontally isn't this in the i direction so how can they move in the j direction to reach the person?

for c I don't get what their equation of motion is so I don't know where to start.

Haven't attempted part d) yet as couldn't get anywhere with the previous stages.
Original post by AJA1994
I am stuck with part a, I know if its south east or north east for example then you're moving 1 unit in the i direction and 1 in the j direction, but I cant grasp getting the coordinate.

for part b) it says the rescue party moves horizontally, if they're moving horizontally isn't this in the i direction so how can they move in the j direction to reach the person?

for c I don't get what their equation of motion is so I don't know where to start.

Haven't attempted part d) yet as couldn't get anywhere with the previous stages.

For part a), draw a graph.

There's a pipe that runs along from north to south at 6i (think of that as the line x = 6) and we know the walker is on this line at some point (he is by the pope)

And he is southwest of (0,2) so if you try to draw a line on the graph to represent this...

You should then be able to see..

Quick Reply

Latest