Psychology alevel- memory-eyewitness testimony and leading questions Watch

1_Zainn_
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello how would I answer this essay - Describe and evaluate research into the influence of misleading information on the accuracy of eye witness testimony For my essay I've wrote too much

For A01 - I defined what EwT is , I defined what a leading question is, then I talked about what lotus says about misleading questions

Second paragraph A01 - I talk about lotus and palmers study

3rd paragraph A01 -I talked about second part of palmers study -broken glass

Then 4 a03 points,

My teacher has told me my a01 is too long and I should only outline what s misleading question is as it link directly to question. Only Help is this correct I want full 16 marks , can u plz outline me your structure for A01 in particular
ImBear
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sorry you haven't had a response to this yet,
Aslong as you can write your A01 in around 6 minutes I wouldn't worry about it too much, I'd write something along the lines of
'Leading questions can affect the accuracy of EWT, Loftus and palmer showed participants films of a car crash and then asked them to estimate the speed, they found that as the critical verb intensity increased, so did the mean estimate of the speed.(Was it 31.8-40.2 MPH) The participants in the smashed category were more likely to recall seeing broken glass when asked if there was any, there wasn't.'

A quick outline of Fiona Gabbert et al's study into Post event discussion could then secure you a few more marks, if your not comfortable with this one talk more about loftus and palmers study to make up for it.
Then a quick sentence to say how this research shows that misleading information can influence the response, or recall of witnesses.

Don't need to do too much detail for 6 marks A01 especially if your going to talk about Post event discussion aswell.
jakebonnington
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
personally i don't usually include research in my description unless i have to as it is only 6 marks so i would probably put a definition for leading questions and then about the substitution (wording changes memory) and response bias (influences answer but no change on memory) explanations explaining how they affect accuracy and then for post event discussion a definition and then describe how it affects accuracy.

i'd then briefly describe gabbert and loftus and palmer in my evaluation before saying how and why they support misleading information and then maybe include an issue/debate and some contradicting research like zaragosa and mcclosekey (demand characteristics) and say why it doesn't support misleading information
1_Zainn_
Rep:
?
(Original post by ImBear)
Sorry you haven't had a response to this yet,
Aslong as you can write your A01 in around 6 minutes I wouldn't worry about it too much, I'd write something along the lines of
'Leading questions can affect the accuracy of EWT, Loftus and palmer showed participants films of a car crash and then asked them to estimate the speed, they found that as the critical verb intensity increased, so did the mean estimate of the speed.(Was it 31.8-40.2 MPH) The participants in the smashed category were more likely to recall seeing broken glass when asked if there was any, there wasn't.'

A quick outline of Fiona Gabbert et al's study into Post event discussion could then secure you a few more marks, if your not comfortable with this one talk more about loftus and palmers study to make up for it.
Then a quick sentence to say how this research shows that misleading information can influence the response, or recall of witnesses.

Don't need to do too much detail for 6 marks A01 especially if your going to talk about Post event discussion aswell.
Thanks mates I shortened my a01 of lofted and palmers study and also included gabbert et al study. From 853 word to a nice 802 words
1_Zainn_
Rep:
?
(Original post by jakebonnington)
personally i don't usually include research in my description unless i have to as it is only 6 marks so i would probably put a definition for leading questions and then about the substitution (wording changes memory) and response bias (influences answer but no change on memory) explanations explaining how they affect accuracy and then for post event discussion a definition and then describe how it affects accuracy.

i'd then briefly describe gabbert and loftus and palmer in my evaluation before saying how and why they support misleading information and then maybe include an issue/debate and some contradicting research like zaragosa and mcclosekey (demand characteristics) and say why it doesn't support misleading information
Thank you
Rigby16
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 1_Zainn_)
Hello how would I answer this essay - Describe and evaluate research into the influence of misleading information on the accuracy of eye witness testimony For my essay I've wrote too much

For A01 - I defined what EwT is , I defined what a leading question is, then I talked about what lotus says about misleading questions

Second paragraph A01 - I talk about lotus and palmers study

3rd paragraph A01 -I talked about second part of palmers study -broken glass

Then 4 a03 points,

My teacher has told me my a01 is too long and I should only outline what s misleading question is as it link directly to question. Only Help is this correct I want full 16 marks , can u plz outline me your structure for A01 in particular
Simply the types of misleading information, and give a definition of both then outline loftus and palmer's study giving 3 or 4 procedure points and the findings and that should be enough for leading Qs!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (141)
17.87%
It's just nice to be back! (213)
27%
Not great so far... (283)
35.87%
I want to drop out! (152)
19.26%

Watched Threads