The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Leeds Accommodation - James Baillie vs. Central Village vs. Leodis?

I've firmed Leeds for economics for 2017, and I think it's basically down to James Baillie and Central Village. Both look great, but wanted to know opinions on which is best for the university experience? Pros and cons of both would be great! Thanks :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
I've firmed Econ and maths at Leeds and deciding between those two too 😊 This is what I've come up with from and people at Leeds now and online CV pros-Great location - 2min walk from campus -every room has a double bed and en suit-decent sized rooms-biggest accommodation - like 1500 rooms -New - it was only built a couple of years ago so should be cleaner/ less things breakingCons-said to be quite anti-social but i think it just depends on who you're put with and it's what you make of it-really oversubscribed so you might not get it if it's your first choice (I really don't want to not get my first choice and be put somewhere miles off campus 😬)-big tower building might be hard to meet people from other flats some people have said makes it more antisocial James Baillie pros-great rep for being really social and fun-close to Headingly-cheaper than CV-reception and staff are really chilled so you don't have to worry about fines for noise etcCons-20/25min walk from campus and can't walk home from a night out in the main city so adds travel costs-older - Some people complaining about cleaners/ mold problems-Fairly oversubscribed (but less than CV)-still could end up with a flat you don't get on withI think I'm gonna go with CV cause the rooms look nicer and great location 😊 Hope that helps
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Quick Reply

Latest