NigletMan100
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello,
I was just wondering if anyone could shout me out the mark scheme for Question 1???
I know Q2 is: 20 marks for argument, 20 marks for example and 10 marks for terminology.

Also, for Q1 my teacher who has seen the video clip hinted that its available online... does anyone have it? They hinted that it was a BBC tv series, actor who is a semi-comedian and occasionally sends out controversial tweets.

Any help?

Thanks.
Mahel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
This for AQA?
NigletMan100
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mahel)
This for AQA?
OCR, my bad.
nightlife120
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey I posted an answer to your question about an hour ago however the site is so good that when you quote something a moderator has to go check the link before it's posted. Ridiculous. I think it's absolutely ****. Who knows when it will be approved.

Back to your answer. Section A and section B have the same mark criteria ranging from level 1 to level 4.

"Level 4

Explanation/analysis/argument (16-20 marks)
• Shows excellent understanding of the task
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of the technical aspects used in the extract
• Excellent discussion of the extract’s representations, clearly linked to textual analysis
• Clearly relevant to set question

Use of examples (16-20 marks)
• Offers frequent textual analysis from the extract – award marks to reflect the range and appropriateness of examples
• Offers a full range of examples from each technical area
• Offers examples which are clearly relevant to the set question

Use of terminology (8-10 marks)
• Use of terminology is relevant and accurate"

You do get marked for using terminology in section A. Unfortunately I cannot post the link as otherwise my post will need moderating for some absurd reason. You can google "77840 unit g322 key media concepts tv drama specimen". It's a PDF document and should appear as "(a)" on your tab. What I quoted is on page 4 of the document and the rest which might interest you more is on page 8 (Indicative Content). It's a little above 3 pages long so I don't want to post it on here.

I would really want to find out which clip it is. I don't want to necessarily cheat however it would really calm me down if I at least knew the area of representation. If you can share any information with me that'd be great! Thanks.
NigletMan100
Rep:
?
(Original post by nightlife120)
Hey I posted an answer to your question about an hour ago however the site is so good that when you quote something a moderator has to go check the link before it's posted. Ridiculous. I think it's absolutely ****. Who knows when it will be approved.

Back to your answer. Section A and section B have the same mark criteria ranging from level 1 to level 4.

"Level 4

Explanation/analysis/argument (16-20 marks)
• Shows excellent understanding of the task
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of the technical aspects used in the extract
• Excellent discussion of the extract’s representations, clearly linked to textual analysis
• Clearly relevant to set question

Use of examples (16-20 marks)
• Offers frequent textual analysis from the extract – award marks to reflect the range and appropriateness of examples
• Offers a full range of examples from each technical area
• Offers examples which are clearly relevant to the set question

Use of terminology (8-10 marks)
• Use of terminology is relevant and accurate"

You do get marked for using terminology in section A. Unfortunately I cannot post the link as otherwise my post will need moderating for some absurd reason. You can google "77840 unit g322 key media concepts tv drama specimen". It's a PDF document and should appear as "(a)" on your tab. What I quoted is on page 4 of the document and the rest which might interest you more is on page 8 (Indicative Content). It's a little above 3 pages long so I don't want to post it on here.

I would really want to find out which clip it is. I don't want to necessarily cheat however it would really calm me down if I at least knew the area of representation. If you can share any information with me that'd be great! Thanks.
Appreciate it very much! definitely a massive help to me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate