Predictions for CCEA AS repeat 2017 English Lit The Great Gatsby

Watch
Grakkyy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Does anyone know the predictions for CCEA's AS repeat of The Great Gatsby as well as Liz Lochead and Carol Ann Duffy poetry?
Knax1998
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey,

I'm finished school now and I'm having to go back to repeat just this exam as I got a low C in it. I had like three Bs but this exam still brought me down to a B overall. My exam is Gatsby and Yeats/Kavanagh Poetry so I'm afraid I won't be able to help with the Liz Lochead side of things.

I sat down with my tutor with all the past papers from 2009 and we came up with these for predictions or particular areas to focus revision on:

1. American Dream - it's has appeared the last few years and we came to the decision that either it's going to follow the same trend and appear again or not at all, however, it is such a large theme so I would advise you to look over it as areas covered within the American Dream could easily be used within other questions.

2. Women

3. Gatsby as Hero/Anti-Hero

4. Nick as reliable/unreliable narrator

5. Symbolist/Modernist/Romantic Novel (Realist/Tragic Novels have appeared the last few years)

Obiously, take these predictions at your own risk. This is merely based on what hasn't appeared in the last few years.

Let me know what you think and let me know how it goes! Hope it all works out for you!
Grakkyy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Thank you so much, that is a great help, hopefully now all goes well!
irishstudent1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Knax1998)
Hey,

I'm finished school now and I'm having to go back to repeat just this exam as I got a low C in it. I had like three Bs but this exam still brought me down to a B overall. My exam is Gatsby and Yeats/Kavanagh Poetry so I'm afraid I won't be able to help with the Liz Lochead side of things.

I sat down with my tutor with all the past papers from 2009 and we came up with these for predictions or particular areas to focus revision on:

1. American Dream - it's has appeared the last few years and we came to the decision that either it's going to follow the same trend and appear again or not at all, however, it is such a large theme so I would advise you to look over it as areas covered within the American Dream could easily be used within other questions.

2. Women

3. Gatsby as Hero/Anti-Hero

4. Nick as reliable/unreliable narrator

5. Symbolist/Modernist/Romantic Novel (Realist/Tragic Novels have appeared the last few years)

Obiously, take these predictions at your own risk. This is merely based on what hasn't appeared in the last few years.

Let me know what you think and let me know how it goes! Hope it all works out for you!
Any predictions for Yeats/Kavanagh? I'm also doing Gatsby and think Satire could come up
Knax1998
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What did you think?

I thought the questions were nice enough

(Original post by irishstudent1)
Any predictions for Yeats/Kavanagh? I'm also doing Gatsby and think Satire could come up
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (113)
27.49%
England (143)
34.79%
Belgium (31)
7.54%
Germany (41)
9.98%
Spain (10)
2.43%