The Student Room Group

How should I feel about this girl?

I'm currently a junior in high school, and I haven't had one relationship in the past 3 years. I've kissed girls at parties but it never reached a "making out" point, and my lack of experience is something I've always been a little insecure about. But my problem is a little more specific. Last year I had a massive crush on a girl in my class, I had feelings for her that I never felt for anyone or anything else. Not knowing how she felt about me, I kept to myself, and eventually she started dating some senior. Since then, I've worked for months to try and get over her. But, as of a few days ago (almost a year since they started dating), I found out she used to feel the same way about me and had coincidentally just broken up with her bf. I was pretty happy about that, until I also found out that she was having sex with her bf a few times a week the entire time they've been dating- she'd even done anal with him. Now I don't know what to do or how to feel. I used to love this girl, and with the news that she broke up with her bf and is interested in me made all those feelings come back. But how could I possibly go out with her knowing all the things she's done with someone else? Not to mention how intimidated I am with the thought that I've never even made out with a girl.

I guess I'm really asking two questions:
Generally, should I be concerned with another girls sexual activities compared to mine?
And how do I continue on with this girl specifically, physically and emotionally?

Thank you, and sorry for making you read through all of this cheesy ********, but its been an emotionally traumatic experience, and I've got no one else to turn to. Thanks again
In short, nah

It's often a bit weird to hear or know about someone you like being with someone else and it does stir up some odd emotions, but when you get down to it everyone starts somewhere and everyone's got their own life
Reply 2
Feeling intimidated is completely normal. I'd feel the same way but if she broke up with him, she must have done it for a reason so maybe they just weren't right for each other.

Unfortunately the harsh reality is a fair amount of people have had previous sexual experiences, and that's not a nice thought when you like them, I know, but it's in the past so all you can do it think about the future.

The likelihood is, if she's liked you, she may still have feelings for you or she may get them again:smile: Don't be concerned about your sexual activities compared to others, everyone's different and if she's a good person she won't judge you. All you can do is be honest with her and it shouldn't matter to anyone else.

As for continuing, just go for it! Talk to her :smile: it sounds scary but you may regret it if you don't go for it...
Reply 3
Original post by EmLo12
Feeling intimidated is completely normal. I'd feel the same way but if she broke up with him, she must have done it for a reason so maybe they just weren't right for each other.

Unfortunately the harsh reality is a fair amount of people have had previous sexual experiences, and that's not a nice thought when you like them, I know, but it's in the past so all you can do it think about the future.

The likelihood is, if she's liked you, she may still have feelings for you or she may get them again:smile: Don't be concerned about your sexual activities compared to others, everyone's different and if she's a good person she won't judge you. All you can do is be honest with her and it shouldn't matter to anyone else.

As for continuing, just go for it! Talk to her :smile: it sounds scary but you may regret it if you don't go for it...

Thank you! This helps a lot :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by StriderHort
In short, nah

It's often a bit weird to hear or know about someone you like being with someone else and it does stir up some odd emotions, but when you get down to it everyone starts somewhere and everyone's got their own life

Good point, thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending