The exam on the establishment of the Tudor dynasty discusssiom

Watch
MarxHatesParsons
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Did anyone else find the source essay really difficult and hard to understand?
The majority of people in my year group found the source question really hard. It was about attitudes to church from 1500-1529 I think, but we learnt about religion/reforms to Church after 1529 such as Act of Supremacy etc. I argued that Extract B was more convincing than Extract A, but only managed to write one convincing and one unconvincing for both extracts but in decent detail. I wrote three sides in total for this question.

However, section B was sooooo much better.
I answered the Henry VII question and wrote about The Council Learned using the system of bonds and recognizances effectively and the effect on nobilities; parliament passing Acts of Attainder and granting tonnage and poundage for life as well as extraordinary revenue in the form of fifteenths and tenths. Then for other ways he consolidated his authority I stated foreign policy events mainly French invasion of Brittany which led to England's involvement and the eventual Treaty of Etaples. Also, the Burgundy and Netherlands which led to Intercersus Magnas and I also briefly touched on Warbeck, Earl Of Warwick; Elizabeth of York. I wrote 4 sides in total for that question but I never managed to conclude the essay - how much marks would I lose for that?

How did others who completed the paper find it? And, how many marks would you predict I received based on the information provided for each question?
Metalfros
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Its very bad that you didn't write a conclusion - that's when you actually answer the question!
MarxHatesParsons
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Metalfros)
Its very bad that you didn't write a conclusion - that's when you actually answer the question!
Hmmm yes I get that. However, I did link back to the question at the end of each of my paragraphs explaining how what I stated affects Henry's consolidation of royal authority.
Metalfros
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MarxHatesParsons)
Hmmm yes I get that. However, I did link back to the question at the end of each of my paragraphs explaining how what I stated affects Henry's consolidation of royal authority.
I hope you get a decent mark at least! And the interpretation question killed me. Even the straight A students in my class found it very difficult.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.35%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
15.1%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (44)
17.96%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.29%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (64)
26.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed