Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I don't really know much about the standards of universities, so i need some help. Lets break it down: Im a sixth form student at a bog standard comprehensive school, my A level subjects are ENGLISH LANG, MEDIA, SOCIOLOGY AND HISTORY. I want to study a media based degree course which will be both theoretical and practical, i have looked into the following universities and my AS results are as follows: AACC. Can anyone tell me what they know about about either the course, or university.

Goldsmiths' college: BA (Hons) Media and Communications.
    Kingston: BA (Hons) Media and Cultural studies
    Luton: BA (Hons) Media practices(mass communications)
    Westminster: Public relations with BA media studies, or just BA(hons) media studies
    Middlesex University: Media and cultural studies
    Brunel: Media and communications.

And does anyone know anything about PUBLIC RELATIONS??

ReputationRep:
    None of the institutions named stand out as bastions of academia however Brunel is supposed to be ok aslong as you don't mind being split between 3 different sites.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark_KK)
    None of the institutions named stand out as bastions of academia however Brunel is supposed to be ok aslong as you don't mind being split between 3 different sites.
    Im not really after 'academia' because none of the top ten unis offer media studies anyway! But i do want a uni that is no less than average, so i suppose brunel would be okay.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 22, 2004
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.