Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    yay yay yay! They've put me in Clarence Dock, Block C

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coral_Fang)
    yay yay yay! They've put me in Clarence Dock, Block C
    Still noone in D then?

ReputationRep:
    There's a couple of people on the luu message boards in Block D.

Just wondering if you could translate the room number for me ditzy? lol. it's C2.31. I'm assuming block C, floor 2, room 31? how many rooms are there on each floor? sheesh, the floors must be huge :eek:

ReputationRep:
    ooh, just thought of a couple more questions, about appliances in the kitchen. I'm assuming we have to bring our own irons, but what about ironing boards, is there one provided? Also kettles, do we have to bring our own?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coral_Fang)
    There's a couple of people on the luu message boards in Block D.

Just wondering if you could translate the room number for me ditzy? lol. it's C2.31. I'm assuming block C, floor 2, room 31? how many rooms are there on each floor? sheesh, the floors must be huge :eek:
    Block C, Floor 2, Flat 3 (of 3), Room 1 (of 6 I think)

Irons and ironing boards are provided, as are kettles, toasters aren't however (well, they weren't three years ago!)

ReputationRep:
    doh, just went out & bought an iron. I probably would've done anyway. Thanks for your help!

ReputationRep:
    I'm in to clarence dock too!! Any more D blockers? So damn excited!

ReputationRep:
    I know that the flats are designated non-smoking but I was just wondering where I will be allowed to smoke!!! Is the bar a designated smoking area??

Anymore smokers out there or am I the only one??

Really wish I didn't but thats what happens when u start smoking when ur 11 coz u think it looks cool. Then u get addicted!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FionaSarah)
    I'm in to clarence dock too!! Any more D blockers? So damn excited!
    Not quite, I lived in D block three years ago, what room are you in?

ReputationRep:
    Its ok, I shall be joining you. We will find somewhere. Havent had a ciggy in ages (my mum doesnt know) and im gagging for 1! Roll on 18th........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charley991)
    I know that the flats are designated non-smoking but I was just wondering where I will be allowed to smoke!!! Is the bar a designated smoking area??

Anymore smokers out there or am I the only one??

Really wish I didn't but thats what happens when u start smoking when ur 11 coz u think it looks cool. Then u get addicted!!
    Are all flats non-smoking? There definately used to be the option on your accomadation choice form so you could choose to live with other like minded individuals!

The bar was definately smoking, otherwise I guess you'll have to stand outside in the cold!

Vote for me on the UKL Awards thread! I'm really helpful and never win anything!

ReputationRep:
    Only three days guys! How exciting is this really?

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

ReputationRep:
    Hey, hate to resurect an extremely dead topic, but I'm trying to pick my accomodation and I have some questions I'm hoping someone will be kind enough to answer for me

How far in Clarence dock from the studenty bit in Heddingley? How long does it take to walk / get there by bus?

How often are the busses to the uni? How long do they take? How much do they cost?

Does it really take 40 minutes to walk to uni? Or is that just people who walk slow?

Is the area around the halls nice? How far is it from the centre of the city?

Is there a good social atmosphere? Are there lots of events organised?

Do you ever feel left out being so far away from the rest of the accomodation?

Thank you, I know I'm a pain in the ass.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allodoxa)
    Hey, hate to resurect an extremely dead topic, but I'm trying to pick my accomodation and I have some questions I'm hoping someone will be kind enough to answer for me

How far in Clarence dock from the studenty bit in Heddingley? How long does it take to walk / get there by bus?

How often are the busses to the uni? How long do they take? How much do they cost?

Does it really take 40 minutes to walk to uni? Or is that just people who walk slow?

Is the area around the halls nice? How far is it from the centre of the city?

Is there a good social atmosphere? Are there lots of events organised?

Do you ever feel left out being so far away from the rest of the accomodation?

Thank you, I know I'm a pain in the ass.
    Ok, I'll see what I can do.

Clarance Dock is furthest from central Headingley, but its really easy to get the bus/taxi for a night out, although its a lot nearer the city center so when I lived there we tended to go there rather than Headingley. You wouldn't want to walk there, its really far, but a bus doesn't take that long (you just have to remember that it'll stop for ages for people to get on in town!!)

There are at least two bus services that run to CD (there were two 4 years ago, but I have a feeling they may have added another service since) The 95 runs every 15 minutes (I think, it used to be 20). This bus costs about £1.10 to get to uni, but you can by a weekly pass for about £7. The 752 runs every 20 minutes and costs 60p for any distance!!

It used to take me about 40 minutes to walk, but I'm really lazy and have little legs so other people can probably do it quicker!!

The halls is right next to the Royal Amouries, and the area has been developed a lot recently (there was nothing there when I lived there) so its full of young professionals now, a much nicer place to be. Its really close to the city centre, so plenty to do there.

The place has a much more social atmosphere now, a lot of effort has been put in to make it more social, because its so far away people tend to stick together, theres a small bar on site and a social commitee which organises social events, like the May ball etc

Hope thats helped

ReputationRep:
    The accomodation isn't distributed on a 'first come, first served' basis, is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afireinside©)
    The accomodation isn't distributed on a 'first come, first served' basis, is it?
    I don't think so...can't remember how I found that out though. There may be the exception of students with unconditional offers who accept Leeds.

ReputationRep:
    nope, it's not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TK)
    nope, it's not
    Yay
    Yay
    Yay
    Yay
    Yay
    YayYay

ReputationRep:
    Yay
    Yay
    Yay
    Yay
    Yay
    YayYay
    lol - well any accomm is good really, and you can always swap later on if you're really not happy, so don;t worry if you don't get your 1st choice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TK)
    lol - well any accomm is good really, and you can always swap later on if you're really not happy, so don;t worry if you don't get your 1st choice
    Ohhh as long as I don't get put in the place with the metal bars coverin' the windows!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.