Apply for the National EY Youth Panel supported by the BBC

Watch
She-Ra
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi everyone :wavey:

EY have got in touch about a really cool opportunity - for you to apply to join their new National Youth Panel.

Post below if you have any questions

Would you be interested in getting involved?

:cyber:

Are you aged 16-25 and living in the UK?

Do you want to represent the voice of young people on the challenges of moving from school to work?

Are you interested in making a difference to young people’s education?

If yes, help EY and partners shape a School-to-Work (S2W) programme for schools across the UK!

Research based on the views of 1,500 16-21 year-olds said that many young people do not feel they have the right skills, training and experiences to get the jobs they want.

To help change this, EY want to introduce a School-to-Work (S2W) programme in schools across the UK to ensure young people are fully equipped with the information and skills they need to successfully move from school into work. Young people need to be at the heart of shaping the S2W programme and so a National Youth Panel is being set-up supported by the BBC, Chartered Management Institute, Developing the Young Workforce North East Scotland, EY Foundation, Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce and the National Council for Voluntary Organisations to ensure that the voice of young people is heard on S2W issues.

What will I be doing?

As a member of the National Youth Panel your commitment will require approximately 8-10 hours/month and will involve

• Monthly calls with the other National Youth Panel members and meetings in person at least once a year
• Working with representatives from the business, education and social sectors to provide a youth perspective on S2W syllabus proposals
• Providing reaction to news items related to S2W issues
• Representing the National Youth Panel at external events. We will offer you a personal mentor and networking opportunities. We will also reimburse travel expenses.

Am I eligible to apply?

We are looking for 8-10 young people aged 16-25 from across the UK who:

• Care about the challenges facing young people as they move from school into work
• Want to share their views on these challenges and work with a group to help propose solutions
• Are interested in making a change to the way education prepares young people for work
• Are committed to join the National Youth Panel meetings over the next 18 months (the first meeting will take place in August 2017).

We actively encourage applications from under-represented groups and welcome a diversity of experiences to bring fresh perspectives to the panel.

How can I apply?

Please send us a 2 minute video covering the questions below.

We will also happily accept audio files or written submissions (no more than 750 words in total excluding the questions).

Feel free to get creative! Details of how to submit your application are shown below.

• Why would you like to be a part of a National Youth Panel? • What are the key challenges young people face getting a job?
• What would make things easier?
• What’s another big issue facing young people today?
• An interesting fact about yourself.

The deadline to apply is 2 June 2017.

What next?

Shortlisted candidates will attend a half day group workshop in Manchester on 13 July 2017, so make sure you can make that date if you apply! We expect to announce the successful candidates by the end of July.

Good luck, we look forward to hearing from you!

How to submit your application:

For the video, feel free to use any equipment you have available e.g. a phone, camera or computer. We ask that you use Vimeo (setting the privacy settings as ‘only people with a password’) or YouTube (setting the privacy settings as ‘unlisted’) to share your video with us.

Please make sure the video is available until the end of May 2017.

Your video URL link (and password if applicable), audio or written application should be sent directly to one of the National Youth Panel’s administrators at [email protected] along with your full name, hometown and county, occupation, school and/or college you are attending. We will not share your data or application with any third parties without your prior consent.

If you have any questions please contact: [email protected].

Here are some other discussions you might be interested in:

EY Smart Futures Summer Programme chat thread

EY School Leaver Programme chat thread
furryface12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Ooh this sounds cool! Not sure I'd be able to do it, will have a think though. Great opportunity for the right person/people!
She-Ra
Rep:
?
(Original post by furryface12)
Ooh this sounds cool! Not sure I'd be able to do it, will have a think though. Great opportunity for the right person/people!
Have a think You'd be great and have a lot of knowledge and experience to share.

If you or anyone else thinks of any of our members who would be great at this, please can you tag them in here....
chelseadagg3r
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
This actually sounds really really interesting, definitely something I may aim for. One question though, it says 'Details of how to submit your application are shown overleaf'. Where? I saw the post to YouTube or Vimeo bit, but how to share it to the right people? It might just be me not seeing it, but I'm not seeing it :laugh:
She-Ra
Rep:
?
(Original post by chelseadagg3r)
This actually sounds really really interesting, definitely something I may aim for. One question though, it says 'Details of how to submit your application are shown overleaf'. Where? I saw the post to YouTube or Vimeo bit, but how to share it to the right people? It might just be me not seeing it, but I'm not seeing it :laugh:
I mean below :lol:

Everything you need to know is in the OP

[email protected].

Ps: chelseadagg3r - you should definately consider applying, you have so much to share info and insight to share :wizard:
furryface12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by She-Ra)
Have a think You'd be great and have a lot of knowledge and experience to share.

If you or anyone else thinks of any of our members who would be great at this, please can you tag them in here....
I'd love it but not sure I'm going to have the time/energy for it unfortunately and really want to keep on with TSR and stuff if I can. It does look like such a good project though! Actually immediately thought of Chelsea but she beat me to it herself :lol: sinfonietta you might like it too?
chelseadagg3r
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I mean below :lol:

Everything you need to know is in the OP

[email protected].

Ps: chelseadagg3r - you should definately consider applying, you have so much to share info and insight to share :wizard:
Thank you, found it :laugh: Aw thanks I actually have a really nice camera setup booked out for the weekend, so I may as well put it to use!

(Original post by furryface12)
I'd love it but not sure I'm going to have the time/energy for it unfortunately and really want to keep on with TSR and stuff if I can. It does look like such a good project though! Actually immediately thought of Chelsea but she beat me to it herself :lol: sinfonietta you might like it too?
That's a shame! You really would be good for it by the sounds of things. Maybe another time! Aw thanks
username47781
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Darn too old I am
She-Ra
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rock Fan)
Darn too old I am
Do you know any one on the site who might be interested?
username47781
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Do you know any one on the site who might be interested?
What about Aisling and Sara?
diagon-alley
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Just seen there has been a blog posted about it now http://www.ey.com/uk/en/about-us/cor...hats-your-view

Thank you for sharing this opportunity!

Hi everyone :wavey:

EY have got in touch about a really cool opportunity - for you to apply to join their new National Youth Panel.

Post below if you have any questions

Would you be interested in getting involved?

:cyber:

Are you aged 16-25 and living in the UK?

Do you want to represent the voice of young people on the challenges of moving from school to work?

Are you interested in making a difference to young people’s education?

If yes, help EY and partners shape a School-to-Work (S2W) programme for schools across the UK!

Research based on the views of 1,500 16-21 year-olds said that many young people do not feel they have the right skills, training and experiences to get the jobs they want.

To help change this, EY want to introduce a School-to-Work (S2W) programme in schools across the UK to ensure young people are fully equipped with the information and skills they need to successfully move from school into work. Young people need to be at the heart of shaping the S2W programme and so a National Youth Panel is being set-up supported by the BBC, Chartered Management Institute, Developing the Young Workforce North East Scotland, EY Foundation, Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce and the National Council for Voluntary Organisations to ensure that the voice of young people is heard on S2W issues.

What will I be doing?

As a member of the National Youth Panel your commitment will require approximately 8-10 hours/month and will involve

• Monthly calls with the other National Youth Panel members and meetings in person at least once a year
• Working with representatives from the business, education and social sectors to provide a youth perspective on S2W syllabus proposals
• Providing reaction to news items related to S2W issues
• Representing the National Youth Panel at external events. We will offer you a personal mentor and networking opportunities. We will also reimburse travel expenses.

Am I eligible to apply?

We are looking for 8-10 young people aged 16-25 from across the UK who:

• Care about the challenges facing young people as they move from school into work
• Want to share their views on these challenges and work with a group to help propose solutions
• Are interested in making a change to the way education prepares young people for work
• Are committed to join the National Youth Panel meetings over the next 18 months (the first meeting will take place in August 2017).

We actively encourage applications from under-represented groups and welcome a diversity of experiences to bring fresh perspectives to the panel.

How can I apply?

Please send us a 2 minute video covering the questions below.

We will also happily accept audio files or written submissions (no more than 750 words in total excluding the questions).

Feel free to get creative! Details of how to submit your application are shown below.

• Why would you like to be a part of a National Youth Panel? • What are the key challenges young people face getting a job?
• What would make things easier?
• What’s another big issue facing young people today?
• An interesting fact about yourself.

The deadline to apply is 2 June 2017.

What next?

Shortlisted candidates will attend a half day group workshop in Manchester on 13 July 2017, so make sure you can make that date if you apply! We expect to announce the successful candidates by the end of July.

Good luck, we look forward to hearing from you!

How to submit your application:

For the video, feel free to use any equipment you have available e.g. a phone, camera or computer. We ask that you use Vimeo (setting the privacy settings as ‘only people with a password’) or YouTube (setting the privacy settings as ‘unlisted’) to share your video with us.

Please make sure the video is available until the end of May 2017.

Your video URL link (and password if applicable), audio or written application should be sent directly to one of the National Youth Panel’s administrators at [email protected] along with your full name, hometown and county, occupation, school and/or college you are attending. We will not share your data or application with any third parties without your prior consent.

If you have any questions please contact: [email protected].

Here are some other discussions you might be interested in:

EY Smart Futures Summer Programme chat thread

EY School Leaver Programme chat thread
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (55)
17.13%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (91)
28.35%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (120)
37.38%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (44)
13.71%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.43%

Watched Threads