Health and Social Care Policy / Jordanstown? Watch

Megan_Daisy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey! Just wondering if anyone's thinking of doing health and social care policy at Jordanstown this coming September? Or even going to jordanstown? 😁
lc777
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi i am currently on my last year of this course, you will enjoy it. Keep in mine that it has nothing at all to do with nursing several people left in the 1st year as they thought it was going to relevant to nursing.
Megan_Daisy
Rep:
?
Hi! Thanks for the reply! Ah that's good to hear! What's your favourite bit: any interesting modules? Any you weren't a fan of or were difficult? I'm kinda nervous about the placement year though- not sure where I would go that would be relevant... (sorry for all the questions- you're the first person I've heard of whose doing the course- I tell people what I'm hoping to do and they just smile and nod or don't understand what I mean-think they just hear "health and social care") Ah I went to the open day and the lecturer said if you want to do nursing this isn't the course to you. I'm not thinking of nursing but thanks for letting me know again!
lc777
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Megan_Daisy)
Hi! Thanks for the reply! Ah that's good to hear! What's your favourite bit: any interesting modules? Any you weren't a fan of or were difficult? I'm kinda nervous about the placement year though- not sure where I would go that would be relevant... (sorry for all the questions- you're the first person I've heard of whose doing the course- I tell people what I'm hoping to do and they just smile and nod or don't understand what I mean-think they just hear "health and social care" Ah I went to the open day and the lecturer said if you want to do nursing this isn't the course to you. I'm not thinking of nursing but thanks for letting me know again!
lol i think thats why they are mentioning it at open day now. i enjoyed 1st year although some parts of it were like history but it is stuff that is relevant to the course. i was dreading politics module as i didnt have a clue about it but it turned out to been interesting and i got good grades from that module. year two was equally as good, placement was fine there is a wide range of places to try to take you, most choose ones close to the homes and its only 6weeks it flew in. year 3 everyone had a issue with economics module i did myself didnt like it lol. They are talking about moving that into second year. Good luck with it. ps dont worry about all the questions as for jobs when you finish there loads you can do!
Megan_Daisy
Rep:
?
That really helps to give me an idea of what it's like to do the course- honest on good and not so good aspects! Yeah think I'd rather stay close to home for placement!! Aw economics might be difficult 😬 I'm not too confident in that sort of stuff or anything involving maths!😂 But I guess if that's not to second or third year I still have plenty of time and lots to do before that! Hope you get on well after you leave the course! 👍Thanks again
markova21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi. Can I ask those who have or are still studying Health and Social Care Policy at Jordanstown what else the course covers apart from Politics, Economics and History? [ Doesn't sound very relevant to H+SC,tbh]. Thanks.
nancyd7
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hi i have an offer for health and social care policy and i hope to be starting in September. I don't know anyone else whos doing the course so i have no idea what to expect haha. What do yous think of the course? Is it interesting? I live in Belfast but im debating whether or not i should move to halls in Jordanstown as i think i would have more opportunities to meet people in halls. Sorry for all my questions haha thanks though
hra95
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hi! I am an Erasmus Student from Germany and i´m going to stay at Dalriada Village in Jordanstown. Did anybody else got an offer for Dalriada?
Ymf
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi what kind of jobs/placements would this course involve? Thanks
shaun-m
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
IveI just put a ucas application in for this course. I spoke with admissions and there is still availability . It's a haul from Derry but hopefully worth it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

Are cats selfish

Yes (127)
60.48%
No (83)
39.52%

Watched Threads