jdotlil
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
i just got a U in a mock and my teacher still believes i'll get an a* next year. i am failing miserably but i dont know what else i can do-there is only one other person in my class (who i do not get on with because she is religious and believes i am 'against god' and 'wrong' (actual quotes) ) so group study is never going to happen. we get about 3-4 hours of teaching a week which i think is insufficient (most subjects at my school receive 5-6 and they have access to clinics etc) and i have tried to buy materials to teach myself but they dont exist! our film is sophie scholl and there is nothing on amazon related to writing essays on it.

it's just disheartening to see myself put 10x the amount of work into german than into spanish- i used to find them equal but i since december i haven't struggled at all in spanish but i struggle to get over 50% on any german test.

any advice?
JackPorter18
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Get learning some vocab thats whats helped me. Here is a memrise course I have made with the vocab from the textbook:

https://www.memrise.com/course/14870...-unit-by-unit/

Secondly, listen to as much German as you can. ZDF Heute Xpress is good for the news. German language music is great as well. I recommend Bilderbuch or Annenmaykantereit.

I don't know about your film as I am doing Goodbye Lenin. All I can say is watch it a few more times so you know it like the back of your hand. Try and find some good quotes and learn them ready to analyse in the essay.

However I think that Vocab is most important for the listening/reading test. Just try to get through as much topic specific vocab as you can like festival vocab or art and architecture in case there is a reading or listening question on it.

Good luck!
HarryGCSE
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by JackPorter18)
Get learning some vocab thats whats helped me. Here is a memrise course I have made with the vocab from the textbook:

Secondly, listen to as much German as you can. ZDF Heute Xpress is good for the news. German language music is great as well. I recommend Bilderbuch or Annenmaykantereit.

I don't know about your film as I am doing Goodbye Lenin. All I can say is watch it a few more times so you know it like the back of your hand. Try and find some good quotes and learn them ready to analyse in the essay.

However I think that Vocab is most important for the listening/reading test. Just try to get through as much topic specific vocab as you can like festival vocab or art and architecture in case there is a reading or listening question on it.

Good luck!
We need quotes for Goodbye Lenin?
JackPorter18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by HarryGCSE)
We need quotes for Goodbye Lenin?
Well you don't need them but its only going to show that your knowledge of the film is good
jdotlil
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by JackPorter18)

Good luck!
goodbye lenin is one of my favourite films i am so jealous! thanks for the vocab link! i've put every piece of vocab i didnt know from the textbook into quizlet but it quite frankly does my head in- memrise looks interesting
JackPorter18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jdotlil)
goodbye lenin is one of my favourite films i am so jealous! thanks for the vocab link! i've put every piece of vocab i didnt know from the textbook into quizlet but it quite frankly does my head in- memrise looks interesting
Ive always thought Quizlet was terrible. I used to use it for Russian and I found it never helped. Memrise is so much better
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (8)
5.59%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (24)
16.78%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (24)
16.78%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (21)
14.69%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (41)
28.67%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (25)
17.48%

Watched Threads