The Student Room Group

Fashion Retail Academy

Hi! Has anyone ever applied or studied with the Fashion Retail Academy, I am looking to kickstart a career in Buying and noticed they offer a Level 4 Buying Course for 1 year with a work placement? Has anyone got experience with this?
Hey I applied for the the degree course and I'm looking to see if anyone has any advice on it or if it's going to be exactly like a uni course or anything? And you based in London or moving for the year?
Reply 2
Hi, I was offered a place on the Level 4 Visual Merchandising course (1 year) and I've also booked my student accommodation in London. I'm desperate for more information too as no one on here has actually talked about their experience or given any advice.
Ah I had my interview yesterday for the degree so fingers crossed! Where did you book your accommodation at? Was it close by? I've seen i few nice ones but they are further away. I'm hoping there is people also applying for the same thing or someone with past experience who sees our post!
Reply 4
Ooh good luck! 🤞 I'm staying at pure Highbury (pure have a few other locations in London that are zones 1-2) but it's right next to Finsbury Park which is the Victoria line so it's 10 minutes on the tube and then a 10 minute walk along Oxford street.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oooo I will have a look thank you! Is it expensive if you don't mind me asking? @paisley7
Reply 6
To be honest, it's a bit pricey because it's the middle of London 😭 but I know a lot of people who are going to uni in London and have student accommodation in Surrey which is more reasonably priced!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nicole1000
Ah I had my interview yesterday for the degree so fingers crossed! Where did you book your accommodation at? Was it close by? I've seen i few nice ones but they are further away. I'm hoping there is people also applying for the same thing or someone with past experience who sees our post!

Hey! my interview is in 2 weeks and I'm currently prepping, just wondered what kind of things they asked you/what you took with you and how you found it?!
Original post by HThompson41
Hey! my interview is in 2 weeks and I'm currently prepping, just wondered what kind of things they asked you/what you took with you and how you found it?!

Hey sorry I've just seen this! What are you applying for?

They just asked me the usual things like why I applied, what are my future goals, my dream job etc. Mak sure you're all clued up on the latest fashion news and what's going on in the fashion world right now in case they ask and it gives you something to speak about, or talk about your favourite designers and things like that. Good luck!
Hey sorry I've just seen this! What are you applying for?

They just asked me the usual things like why I applied, what are my future goals, my dream job etc. Mak sure you're all clued up on the latest fashion news and what's going on in the fashion world right now in case they ask and it gives you something to speak about, or talk about your favourite designers and things like that. Good luck!

Thanks for the help! I think it went well.. how long did it take for you to find out?
Thanks for the help! I think it went well.. how long did it take for you to find out?

A couple of weeks! What course are you applying for?
A couple of weeks! What course are you applying for?

Okay wow! I don't know why I was expecting it to be sooner! I've applied for buying & merchandising, you?
Okay wow! I don't know why I was expecting it to be sooner! I've applied for buying & merchandising, you?

I just checked and it was only a week! Hopefully you hear back soon! And marketing and communications, are you moving to London?

I just checked and it was only a week! Hopefully you hear back soon! And marketing and communications, are you moving to London?

Hi, I just found out yesterday that I have a place! Although The University of Manchester have also offered me a place so I'm having an internal debate now.. I think I will have to move as I currently live in Leeds so I'm going to London on Tuesday to look at some house shares.. how about you?
Hi, I just found out yesterday that I have a place! Although The University of Manchester have also offered me a place so I'm having an internal debate now.. I think I will have to move as I currently live in Leeds so I'm going to London on Tuesday to look at some house shares.. how about you?

Aw really! I feel like for Fashion London is the best way in but I'm sure you'll love it which ever you choose, and I'm still looking for accommodation I've seen a few but they're all around the same price. One was in Hammersmith I think
Has anyone posted on this thread without inserting an exclamation mark?
Original post by DrSocSciences
Has anyone posted on this thread without inserting an exclamation mark?

Nah!!

Quick Reply