The Student Room Group

AQA Business Studies - BUSS1: May 2017 (Old Spec for Resits)

How did you all (if anyone :tongue:) find the exam?

Could someone please tell me what the answer to the breakeven output question was?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Bump
i got 672 i think
Reply 3
Original post by nick_dyne14
i got 672 i think

672 or 672,000?

Also did you use the fixed costs and variable cost per unit figures from the first page of the case study? Because thats all i could find for financial data other than the cash flow forecast on the next page
Reply 4
If my calculation for my break even output was correct then I thought it went pretty good overall.
Reply 5
Oh I see. Yeah gotta keep grinding till the end now haha
Original post by mayhs98
672 or 672,000?

Also did you use the fixed costs and variable cost per unit figures from the first page of the case study? Because thats all i could find for financial data other than the cash flow forecast on the next page

672, what did u put for the last question? i worked out the profit for both options but I have no idea whether i got the right calculations
Reply 7
672, what did u put for the last question? i worked out the profit for both options but I have no idea whether i got the right calculations

I worked out the profit for both as well, was a bit pushed for time on the last question to be honest but I said choosing option 1 meant that Alex would get expert advice from the publisher etc. as he can offer ideas from outside the business as well as give marketing support and setting up a website etc. etc.

For the break-even one did you use the Fixed Costs and Variabe Costs per unit figure on the 1st page in the option 1 section on the case study???
Original post by mayhs98
I worked out the profit for both as well, was a bit pushed for time on the last question to be honest but I said choosing option 1 meant that Alex would get expert advice from the publisher etc. as he can offer ideas from outside the business as well as give marketing support and setting up a website etc. etc.

For the break-even one did you use the Fixed Costs and Variabe Costs per unit figure on the 1st page in the option 1 section on the case study???

i used 1600 for fixed costs, £4.90 for variable costs and £7 for unit selling price
Reply 9
i used 1600 for fixed costs, £4.90 for variable costs and £7 for unit selling price

Those sound good. Did you get the £1600 fixed costs and £4.90 variable costs from the 1st page of the case study under the option 1 bit?
Original post by mayhs98
Those sound good. Did you get the £1600 fixed costs and £4.90 variable costs from the 1st page of the case study under the option 1 bit?

yes
Reply 11
yes

Ok nice.
Yeah for the last question i got about £11,000 profit if he sold 6000 books.

The question that baffled me was the 6 marker on why he'd need to take out an overdraft if he amends his cash flow forecast. Any ideas?
Original post by mayhs98
Ok nice.

The question that baffled me was the 6 marker on why he'd need to take out an overdraft if he amends his cash flow forecast. Any ideas?

i think i referred to the fact his net cash flow was -7000 so he'd need a short term source of finance
Original post by mayhs98
Ok nice.

did u work out the profit for option 2?? also what did u put for the question about protecting their idea?
Reply 14
i think i referred to the fact his net cash flow was -7000 so he'd need a short term source of finance

Ah ok yeah sounds good. Do you remember what the 2nd definition question was? I know the first was to define a niche market.
Original post by mayhs98
Ah ok yeah sounds good. Do you remember what the 2nd definition question was? I know the first was to define a niche market.

second questions asked to define partnership :smile:
I don't know how well I did!! I was so rushed for time, just hope my answers make sense!
Reply 17
Original post by Andreww222
I don't know how well I did!! I was so rushed for time, just hope my answers make sense!

I to was rushed for time at the end and couldny really put a final judgment so ive probably restricted myself to about 6-8 marks max for this.

For the break even output question did you use the figures on the option 1 section on the first page of the case study?

Best of luck for your other exams!
Original post by mayhs98
I to was rushed for time at the end and couldny really put a final judgment so ive probably restricted myself to about 6-8 marks max for this.

For the break even output question did you use the figures on the option 1 section on the first page of the case study?

Best of luck for your other exams!

Yeah i used the figures from option 1 with the selling price of £7

i used 1600 for fixed costs, £4.90 for variable costs
Reply 19
Original post by Andreww222
Yeah i used the figures from option 1 with the selling price of £7

i used 1600 for fixed costs, £4.90 for variable costs

Ok nice. I worried that there was other statistical data that I did not see. I think they couldve layed these figures out better haha

Quick Reply

Latest