The Student Room Group

Edexcel IGCSE Physics May 2017

Hey guys after those two odd papers what do you think they'll do with the physics? For both of the papers I can see how they tested us on the topics that teachers tended to focus on less. Like in Chemistry they had no mole calculations or empirical formula questions. They didn't really have many bonding questions either... So are there any topics of the physics specification that are tested on less than others? I feel like they will test us a lot on electricity, I don't know why...

Thank you

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
bump!
How was the chemistry paper? Many people seems to have found it difficult. These papers have less calculations.
Original post by slightly_edited
How was the chemistry paper? Many people seems to have found it difficult. These papers have less calculations.

I know , it's so annoying. They better have low grade boundaries
Physics Paper
Q1 - Sally went to moon in a rocket. What is the relationship with the sun and the rocket ?
The physics paper is on the afternoon but I have my language paper for 3 hours and after half an hour we have the physics paper. Honestly I have no idea 🤢🤢🤢😵😵😵😵😵
Original post by Amandipeiris
I know , it's so annoying. They better have low grade boundaries
Physics Paper
Q1 - Sally went to moon in a rocket. What is the relationship with the sun and the rocket ?

Personally found both chem and physics difficult. Hoping they lower the grade boundaries too.
Original post by Dewpider
Hey guys after those two odd papers what do you think they'll do with the physics? For both of the papers I can see how they tested us on the topics that teachers tended to focus on less. Like in Chemistry they had no mole calculations or empirical formula questions. They didn't really have many bonding questions either... So are there any topics of the physics specification that are tested on less than others? I feel like they will test us a lot on electricity, I don't know why...

Thank you

I think they will test us on electricity too - just make you know EVERYTHING. As you've seen with chem and bio, they could test us on the unexpected.
Reply 7
My resolution before the physics paper is to know everything that's there in the text book.
Biology was hard because it didn't have common questions from the past papers. I did learn the text, but I found that i didn't know what to write.
Although chemistry was easy for me, I guess its mostly because I found the text book better than the past papers while learning.
Original post by Thachi3
My resolution before the physics paper is to know everything that's there in the text book.
Biology was hard because it didn't have common questions from the past papers. I did learn the text, but I found that i didn't know what to write.
Although chemistry was easy for me, I guess its mostly because I found the text book better than the past papers while learning.

Yessss, I'm trying to do that too. Not read it though - gotta cram 245 pages in three days, whilst watching videos.
Reply 9
Original post by jabbathemuttdog
Yessss, I'm trying to do that too. Not read it though - gotta cram 245 pages in three days, whilst watching videos.

Physics videos/ movies?
Cuz i watch movies to relax myself
And, I also have business on the same day and maths the next day.
My quote at times like this is "If you think you can do it, you surely can."
Original post by Thachi3
Physics videos/ movies?

Physics videos - easier for me to absorb info. Though I'm enjoying a bit of RuPaul's Drag Race!😂

Oooo... you have it hard - I'm sure you'll do fine.
Great quote :-)
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by jabbathemuttdog
Physics videos - easier for me to absorb info. Though I'm enjoying a bit of RuPaul's Drag Race!😂

Oooo... you have it hard - I'm sure you'll do fine.
Great quote :-)

In that case, try using GCSEPod- helped me a lot.
And, thanks
Original post by Thachi3
In that case, try using GCSEPod- helped me a lot.
And, thanks

Will do, no prob.
Gcse pod is really nice but some material is not really needed actually
Original post by Amandipeiris
Gcse pod is really nice but some material is not really needed actually

It helps to have the additional info when you can't understand the topic as a whole
Original post by Thachi3
Physics videos/ movies?

omg i've got exactly the same schedule! I'm so scared! xx
Original post by officialarusha
omg i've got exactly the same schedule! I'm so scared! xx

I know ours seems hard, but I'm glad for it. Some of my classmates have 3 papers on Wednesday, continuously.
We'll do fine, at least that's what I keep saying myself.
Good Luck
I probably think you guys dont read the specification content correctly. It has topics in bold which are not included in Paper 1 (same with Phy) and alot of topics like calculations, from organic chem. didnt come bc it wasnt in the syllabus of p1
also, chem was like easy. if only one would have done past papers from 2011 to 2016. he could have performed exceptionalyl well in chem.
Original post by Thachi3
I know ours seems hard, but I'm glad for it. Some of my classmates have 3 papers on Wednesday, continuously.
We'll do fine, at least that's what I keep saying myself.
Good Luck

oh dear! that sounds hectic... in that case I'm happy with ours too! x

Quick Reply