?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
How was it?
GraceMary17xx
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I liked it! The six mark questions were great but what did you guys put for the tetrafluoroethene questions?
lighth_lawliet
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
(Original post by GraceMary17xx)
I liked it! The six mark questions were great but what did you guys put for the tetrafluoroethene questions?
I screwed up on those two marks. Apparently it was Polymerisation and PTFE.

I'm expecting extremely high grade boundaries considering the ease of that exam.
GraceMary17xx
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by NateRiver)
I screwed up on those two marks. Apparently it was Polymerisation and PTFE.

I'm expecting extremely high grade boundaries considering the ease of that exam.
I actually put those two answers but doubted myself so much! Yeah I fee like the grade boundaries will be ridiculously high! Perhaps around 54/55 for and A*, 48/49 for an A! What do you think?
lighth_lawliet
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
I actually put those two answers but doubted myself so much! Yeah I fee like the grade boundaries will be ridiculously high! Perhaps around 54/55 for and A*, 48/49 for an A! What do you think?
Considering how easy that paper was, I would think 55 or 56 for an A* which is ridiculous anyway lol. However, I think it will stay at 54 since 54/60 is 90% and I doubt they would ask for more than 90% marks for an A* - C1 has never exceeded 54 marks and I can't recall ever seeing an exam ask for over 90% for an A*
GraceMary17xx
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by NateRiver)
Considering how easy that paper was, I would think 55 or 56 for an A* which is ridiculous anyway lol. However, I think it will stay at 54 since 54/60 is 90% and I doubt they would ask for more than 90% marks for an A* - C1 has never exceeded 54 marks and I can't recall ever seeing an exam ask for over 90% for an A*
I agree with you! 54 is the highest C1... however in my English Language Paper 1 mock, the boundary was 92% for an A*.. well an 8! So that just shows you can't really know! Anyway, I'm sure we both did our best so all we can hope for is that that is enough! 😊
Allan_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Did anyone put any positive impacts on the environment for the 6 marker?
Cringe44
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes i did, i wrote that hydrogen its carbon neutral only gives out hydrogen and oxygen so doesnt cause pollution but petrol contains a lot of co2 and is very sufficient than hydrogen and doesnt get used up as quickly as hydrogen

Posted from TSR Mobile
mangekyoumusa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The main question that put me off was the 3 marks calcium oxide one with the diagrams, what was the answer?
RedRain
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mangekyoumusa)
The main question that put me off was the 3 marks calcium oxide one with the diagrams, what was the answer?
The question with the diagram with the experiment, kerosine and the catalyst was cracking. I'm really annoyed because I got that wrong as I skipped through the diagram in my textbook so I didn't know what it was
RedRain
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RedRain)
The question with the diagram with the experiment, kerosine and the catalyst was cracking. I'm really annoyed because I got that wrong as I skipped through the diagram in my textbook so I didn't know what it was
SORRYYY WRONG EXAM BOARD IGNORE ME!!
I'm doing aqa 😂😂
DontJudgeImANerd
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The tetrafluoroethene question was Polymerisation, and polytetrafluroethene (or PTFE)
ECDL BAE
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by gracemary17xx)
i actually put those two answers but doubted myself so much! Yeah i fee like the grade boundaries will be ridiculously high! Perhaps around 54/55 for and a*, 48/49 for an a! What do you think?
me too. I liked the paper!
DontJudgeImANerd
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'd honestly be surprised if I got less than 55/56, that was the easiest paper I've ever done for sure, grade boundaries will definitely be high though :/

I mean seriously, a 6 marker on the ROCK CYCLE??? Anyway, hopefully the other 2 will be that easy too lol
DontJudgeImANerd
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It also helped that our teacher made a predicted paper based on which topics on the spec hadn't come up for a while, that was pretty much spot on, so I'd basically already sat the paper lol
ECDL BAE
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mangekyoumusa)
WHICH ONE DO YOU MEAN? THE ONE THAT SAID "WHAT CAN YOU DO TO ENSURE A COMPLETE REACTION?" if that is what you mean, i put " take the initial mass of the compound. carry on heating up the take the final mass of the calcium oxide. if it is the same mass then the reaction is done."
Hamedse
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ECDL BAE)
WHICH ONE DO YOU MEAN? THE ONE THAT SAID "WHAT CAN YOU DO TO ENSURE A COMPLETE REACTION?" if that is what you mean, i put " take the initial mass of the compound. carry on heating up the take the final mass of the calcium oxide. if it is the same mass then the reaction is done."
Yessss mate, same.
Grade boundaries will be stupidly high- everyone found that easy.
atnalata
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by DontJudgeImANerd)
I'd honestly be surprised if I got less than 55/56, that was the easiest paper I've ever done for sure, grade boundaries will definitely be high though :/

I mean seriously, a 6 marker on the ROCK CYCLE??? Anyway, hopefully the other 2 will be that easy too lol
I know! I was so calm when I saw this 6 marker!!
atnalata
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Hamedse)
Yessss mate, same.
Grade boundaries will be stupidly high- everyone found that easy.
I did NOT put that!
ECDL BAE
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by atnalata)
I did NOT put that!
it's fine. some people pu " carry on heating, if carbon dioxide is still being produced then the reaction is comple. when no CO2 is being released anymore then it is complete" the question said "to suggest" what could be done therfore i reckon there are other things that could be done. You'll be fine
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (27)
17.31%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (49)
31.41%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (15)
9.62%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (16)
10.26%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (7)
4.49%
I think it's an unfair expectation (39)
25%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.92%

Watched Threads