The Student Room Group

GCSE Core science if i got an A in the ....

GCSE Core science if i got:
- an A in the ISA (coursework)
- an A in biology
- a C in chemistry
then what would I need to get in physics to get an A ??? and a B ???
Original post by anonomon
GCSE Core science if i got:
- an A in the ISA (coursework)
- an A in biology
- a C in chemistry
then what would I need to get in physics to get an A ??? and a B ???

If your A's in Biology and Coursework are very high and so is the C in chemistry, then it may be possible to get an A overall with a very high A in Physics. If they are low, you would need an A*.

Even with this, it can't guarantee an A overall. You have to do your best to get the highest possible mark you can in that Physics exam.
Original post by NateRiver
If your A's in Biology and Coursework are very high and so is the C in chemistry, then it may be possible to get an A overall with a very high A in Physics. If they are low, you would need an A*.

Even with this, it can't guarantee an A overall. You have to do your best to get the highest possible mark you can in that Physics exam.

what about me an a* in course work a in biology what do i need for a or a * overall
Original post by iamtheone19
what about me an a* in course work a in biology what do i need for a or a * overall

Once again, it depends on how high your A or A* is. If you can get another A and A*, you can get an A* overall.

I did GCSE Biology last year, A* coursework, High A B1, High A B2, A* B3 and ended up with A* overall. By high A, I mean I was 1 or 2 marks off A* but even around 4 marks less should still be fine.
Once again, it depends on how high your A or A* is. If you can get another A and A*, you can get an A* overall.

I did GCSE Biology last year, A* coursework, High A B1, High A B2, A* B3 and ended up with A* overall. By high A, I mean I was 1 or 2 marks off A* but even around 4 marks less should still be fine.

what exam board I'm edexcel
what exam board I'm edexcel

So am I :smile:
So am I :smile:

i did chemistry today higher it went well
i did chemistry today higher it went well

That's great to hear! It was a very nice paper indeed.
That's great to hear! It was a very nice paper indeed.

yh i did you see the questions i thought that the last year to do it would be hard probably saving the worst for the last physics
yh i did you see the questions i thought that the last year to do it would be hard probably saving the worst for the last physics

It seemed to me like they just recycled most of the questions from previous past papers. If you get the chance to cover all the past papers and the questions that have come up, that would help significantly.
It seemed to me like they just recycled most of the questions from previous past papers. If you get the chance to cover all the past papers and the questions that have come up, that would help significantly.

how can i achieve an A in physics
how can i achieve an A in physics

After learning the content, go through all the available exam past papers. Complete them in exam conditions and then mark them. When you have completed them all, go back and look through all the papers you did to find the questions that you didn't score full marks in and go over the mark scheme to see what you missed. If you find that it's a specific topic that you constantly struggle with, relearn and go over that specific topic. By the end of this, you should be able to complete any past paper question and you will be ready not only for an A in Physics, but possibly an A*.
After learning the content, go through all the available exam past papers. Complete them in exam conditions and then mark them. When you have completed them all, go back and look through all the papers you did to find the questions that you didn't score full marks in and go over the mark scheme to see what you missed. If you find that it's a specific topic that you constantly struggle with, relearn and go over that specific topic. By the end of this, you should be able to complete any past paper question and you will be ready not only for an A in Physics, but possibly an A*.

Wow thanks for the advice very helpful hope you have a wonderful evening good luck in your exams if you are in six form or college:smile:
Wow thanks for the advice very helpful hope you have a wonderful evening good luck in your exams if you are in six form or college:smile:

My pleasure and good luck to you too! I am in Year 11 :smile:
My pleasure and good luck to you too! I am in Year 11 :smile:

oh my bad i thought you was not :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest