Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

BEWARE - London Fashion Models Scam Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danuelle)
    I went here on Wednesday with my son, I can't believe how they can do this to people I ended up forking out £1500 they need to be stopped
    I am determined in bringing this non reputable company down, I have contacted Burberry who have said they will pass my query onto a different department in their business and I have asked to receive a reply but am unsure if I should receive one, but I know that they are working on the issue, Furthermore, I have contacted Hugo Boss and await a reply, tomorrow I will be contacting Zara and Gap, hopefully, they have more power than I to stop this con.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dominika.rosalia)
    Now I'm just wondering if I could somehow possibly use that against the company and be able to reclaim, not only my money back but others and shut down the whole company as it needs to be stopped as soon as possible.
    I wouldn't contact them or give them a heads up about our campaign (as tempting as it is), they could easily disappear into thin air. It's best to do these things subtly in the background and wait for full exposure before accusing them directly and asking for repayment. I'd imagine even if you threatened them, they would simply block your number and rethink their strategy to cover their backs, you'd be doing them a favour rather than scaring them into paying you back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evgarner23)
    I wouldn't contact them or give them a heads up about our campaign (as tempting as it is), they could easily disappear into thin air. It's best to do these things subtly in the background and wait for full exposure before accusing them directly and asking for repayment. I'd imagine even if you threatened them, they would simply block your number and rethink their strategy to cover their backs, you'd be doing them a favour rather than scaring them into paying you back.
    Right now, i'm just trying to get people to come forward and contacting the companies they are hiding behind whilst also doing some research about what the laws state about things like this, you are completely right in saying to do this as silently as possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evgarner23)
    The police will want something to stick to them and I can guarantee they are committing some type of fraud, especially in light of the Company Registration. They use images on their website etc. which they probably don't have copyright for and will be taking money in off victims and not paying tax. I'm going to investigate (I work for an anti-fraud data management company) and research options to take them down because there will be one and I have evidence.

http://londonfashionmodel.blogspot.c...ing-q.html?m=1

This is the ratbag behind the operation, he's even spoken about scamming to cover his back.
    Working for an anti-fraud company, why didn't you realise you were being ripped off before calling your parents? Legitimate question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ICB)
    Working for an anti-fraud company, why didn't you realise you were being ripped off before calling your parents? Legitimate question.
    Because ICB, they're very good at what they do. When you're in a pressured selling situation on your own and surrounded by people praising you and feeding your ambition to pursue a career which really excites you, it's very easy to lose your practical head. They have a lot of staff who are probably rehearsed in what to say and even security outside the venue to make everything appear legitimate. Unless you've experienced a situation like this yourself, don't ridicule others for getting sucked in. These people pray on the vanity and vulnerability of young people and they succeed since vanity plays a huge role in our society now sadly - more so than it has before.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,So I've been dumb enough to pay the deposit over the phone. Mine was actually £150... Anyway I was hoping someone can tell me when they give the deposit back. Can I just arrive there, get my deposit and leave?Any help as soon as possible would be super!

ReputationRep:
    Actually my name is EL Irving a talent scout

I have worked with London Fashion Models and they are a reputable company

Any issues call them :

0203 026 5370

ReputationRep:
    No real agency will ask you for money upfront because they get commission from your bookings.

There's quite a few threads about the same over on Mumsnet. Obviously a lot of parents getting ripped off on their children's behalf.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Thanks for the number, I tried today (and every week once for 4 months) , noone answered, or when they did they told me call back in 5, never answered again, and I know 4 numbers..

All I need is proof. They promised me many things over the 4 months, done barely nothing, i definitely feel fooled, ripped off, totally humiliated and my money is gone for nothing...
    Emails are (incorrect email is on the website) not even acknowledged, phone is never answered, promises are never kept.
    I reported them, still I try and work with them, and hoping for something....money back even, or job or seeing them collapsing whichever.

So thanks for the phone number, but if you are not sure, rather skip advising us, who have LOST THOUSANDS!!!!!
    Im not saying tehy shouldnt ask for money , if there are people who need their service, they wanna pay, be it. But taking money and giving ZERO effort, is stealing simply.

Mibedu

(Original post by EL Model Scout)
    Actually my name is EL Irving a talent scout

I have worked with London Fashion Models and they are a reputable company

Any issues call them :

0203 026 5370

ReputationRep:
    i've been scouted a few times and i can assure that model agencies do not reuqire money

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Im keen to help. I have gone to COmpanies House, they sent me to The Insolvency House and I filled the form, but nothing since and it was a month at least.

Not sure where to go now..

(Original post by dominika.rosalia)
    I am determined in bringing this non reputable company down, I have contacted Burberry who have said they will pass my query onto a different department in their business and I have asked to receive a reply but am unsure if I should receive one, but I know that they are working on the issue, Furthermore, I have contacted Hugo Boss and await a reply, tomorrow I will be contacting Zara and Gap, hopefully, they have more power than I to stop this con.

ReputationRep:
    From the link posted earlier in the thread
    "We're one of the UK's largest modelling agency, working with models and clients nationwide."
    Are they an agency?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mibedu)
    Hi,

Im keen to help. I have gone to COmpanies House, they sent me to The Insolvency House and I filled the form, but nothing since and it was a month at least.

Not sure where to go now..
    Have they changed their reg number? On the LFM site the number is 10017560. When I look it up on Co's House it links to the following
    https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...17560/officers

Slightly different company name and different director name.

ReputationRep:
    i got scammed by london fashion models i paid £2500 seven months ago and didn't do anything i wonder how can i get my money back if any body got scammed like mu we can report this company and it has to stop

ReputationRep:
    please help reporting london fashion models

ReputationRep:
    did you get your £50 back ? im going tomorrow, and i'm only going because I don't want to be charged the 150 for not turning up grrr feel so stupid for giving card details over the phone.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't actually think these things could happen, especially how many people get trapped into these scams.

ReputationRep:
    The same happens to me but they got money out of me as I really wanted this and they made me feel like a fool. I don't trust them !

ReputationRep:
    I've been fooled by them. Please I ask you. Don't do this! I've lost 1900 pounds. Please don't

ReputationRep:
    Feeling so stupid. Robbed of £800. Cancelled both cards involved. Will phone the police for all the good it will do. Thinking of sending in some heavies! I will contact BBC etc local press. They are lying (never mind the expensive photos) as they promise you a website etc. Have reported to police via 101. Very helpful and please do the same. The more knowledge they can gain the better. Also mentioned credit card company MAY refund me under section 75 of the consumer credit act. Please please call 101. Don't be embarrassed.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 17, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.