Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

BEWARE - London Fashion Models Scam Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spammedidiot)
    Feeling so stupid. Robbed of £800. Cancelled both cards involved. Will phone the police for all the good it will do. Thinking of sending in some heavies! I will contact BBC etc local press. They are lying (never mind the expensive photos) as they promise you a website etc.
    Just call up the General Manager on +44 20 3026 5369

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EL Model Scout)
    Just call up the General Manager on +44 20 3026 5369
    I have. No one answers, surprise surprise

ReputationRep:
    Is it really a scam? Cos I was just about to pay off the remaining money

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrYega)
    Is it really a scam? Cos I was just about to pay off the remaining money
    Yes don't pay. Whatever you do don't pay another penny

ReputationRep:
    be careful of london fashion models they are scamming company i paid them £2500 for nothing i tried to refound my money but they refused

ReputationRep:
    Damn. How did you try? And can't we go to higher authorities?

ReputationRep:
    How did you try? And can't we go to higher authorities?

ReputationRep:
    My girlfriend got scammed from London fashion model I need your help of what to do I wish she told me how she was going to pay ect and I would of helped her. Tbh them having an office and a place and website ect fools people thinking it's legit.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry to hear I feel your pain . How they been getting it away with it , what makes wonder. There website and there reviews at turst polite when u turn up in there office for trial, fools people I guss. My girlfriend is in the same situation as u I wish I can help her and to find the way can't. Still dosent add up of how they been getting away with it for years leaves me wondering

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samallahyari)
    I'm sorry to hear I feel your pain . How they been getting it away with it , what makes wonder. There website and there reviews at turst polite when u turn up in there office for trial, fools people I guss. My girlfriend is in the same situation as u I wish I can help her and to find the way can't. Still dosent add up of how they been getting away with it for years leaves me wondering
    They are getting away with it because people like your girlfriend are naive. All these companies do is give you couple of pictures and enter you into their database. They don't guarantee that you will become a model, or that anyone will hire you. So it's legal.

ReputationRep:
    Count me in

ReputationRep:
    Very true, I got the general manger number from here I tried to call them countless of times no answer. I send the number to girlfriend funny thing was they have answered after calling them twice , they said she won't get a refund due to her contract she have signed but said they will promise work by next week which it's a lie no call going to happen by next week .I've should of known earlier because when she applied n got appected to the model the person name was Tom when we turned up to the place. The person asked who asked referred u to here my girlfriend said tom all the stuff didn't known the person expect the agent at the end n said they never herd of him . I shouldn't of ignored it that's was the sign of Dodginess.

ReputationRep:
    We got scammed this afternoon as well with the same so called agency. Maybe we could all go and report them instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jpebbles88)
    We got scammed this afternoon as well with the same so called agency. Maybe we could all go and report them instead.
    You never got scammed

Stop being nieve

You bought a portfolio

Go to thier head office in Oxford St Monday speak with one of the model co ordinators

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I was igmored since february etc paid £1000 now i left a feedback on trustpilot they reported. Not sure why and how long tp investigates but lfm asked me to remove it and i couldnt cause it was already reported??!

I have a form to report them to
    https://www.gov.uk/government/organi...lvency-service
    But im waiting as I asked A lady (not putting name since trustpot) on phone to give me refund instead if extended (no) service.
    And if nothing then i report but im not sure whats happening after that.

I feel like we should all team up and work because like this absolutely nothing will happen. They operate which proves this.
    Im afraid reporting wont do anything.
    X

QUOTE=evgarner23;71830198]The police will want something to stick to them and I can guarantee they are committing some type of fraud, especially in light of the Company Registration. They use images on their website etc. which they probably don't have copyright for and will be taking money in off victims and not paying tax. I'm going to investigate (I work for an anti-fraud data management company) and research options to take them down because there will be one and I have evidence.

http://londonfashionmodel.blogspot.c...ing-q.html?m=1

This is the ratbag behind the operation, he's even spoken about scamming to cover his back.[/QUOTE]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dominika.rosalia)
    I am determined in bringing this non reputable company down, I have contacted Burberry who have said they will pass my query onto a different department in their business and I have asked to receive a reply but am unsure if I should receive one, but I know that they are working on the issue, Furthermore, I have contacted Hugo Boss and await a reply, tomorrow I will be contacting Zara and Gap, hopefully, they have more power than I to stop this con.
    Don't bother. Haven't you realised yet that the agency is a money-making device with little if any interaction with the legitimate powerhouse brands? I can't believe you lot are so naive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evgarner23)
    The police will want something to stick to them and I can guarantee they are committing some type of fraud, especially in light of the Company Registration. They use images on their website etc. which they probably don't have copyright for and will be taking money in off victims and not paying tax. I'm going to investigate (I work for an anti-fraud data management company) and research options to take them down because there will be one and I have evidence.

http://londonfashionmodel.blogspot.c...ing-q.html?m=1

This is the ratbag behind the operation, he's even spoken about scamming to cover his back.

Unfortunately, I very recently got scammed by this same company - LFM. But by the time we realised it was a scam it was too late. This was less than 24 hours ago.

They first offered us the platinum deal meaning we'd have to pay £6,000, however Mathew said the company would be more than willing to pay half of that fee as their "Modeling" companies courtesy. So, we agreed to this settlement and went along in paying £3,000 of our money. We had second thoughts about this Agency and did a little research and found this page, realising we'd been scammed for £3,000. The next day, we went back to ask for a refund the next day and they said, they couldn't do that due to the agreement we signed saying no cancelations can be made on the portfolios (Keep in mind, the copy they gave of the agreement us was printed VERY unclearly and unprofessionally and was made as a copy of the original - which isn't how any agreement form should be printed.) So we threatened to get the police involved and the lady simply said "You can do that - But they won't be able to do anything." Which was partly true as they couldn't get involved since it was a civil offence, as opposed to a criminal one. So we're contacting a Metropolitan Police service to try solve this issue.

If worst comes to worst, and this Modeling agency doesn't refund our money we are thinking of contacting the News and hopefully let more people know about these types of Agency and possibly stop this specific agency as a whole.

Has your investigation gone anywhere with these scammers? Is there any information you can tell to prosecute them for criminal charges?

ReputationRep:
    I suggest rather than jumping to conclusions , call the head office between Mon -fri 10.30 - 7.30 on
    020 3026 5370

E irving

Jumping to conclusions? I think the 3 pages of complaints about your so called legitimate "Modeling Company" is enough reason to know that I've been scammed.

Keep that phone number to yourself, thank you very much.

ReputationRep:
    Sue them

ReputationRep:
    You've invested into a portfolio , I presume a website , z cards & support

Companies like lfm see & deal with hundreds of models weekly .

It's not actually my company , I own Studios all up & down the UK & use LFM a great deal

Thanks

E Irving
    Oh really? Well I find it funny because according to a BBC news article, it is said that :

"From 1 October it is illegal for model agencies to charge any type of upfront fee before finding a client work."
    and
    "Any company trying to do that could face an unlimited fine or be banned from operating for up to 10 years."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/articl...m-model-agents

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.