Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

BEWARE - London Fashion Models Scam Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spammedidiot)
    I have. No one answers, surprise surprise
    Yep surprise 😲 surprise no answer they're are scum. I stopped My card 💳 and reported this to my bank.. Luckily I didn't turn up for my shoot cos I have looked into this ****ing so called modelling agency.. They're are a photo studio ffs.. Kez

ReputationRep:
    Thats pretty ****ed up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnoyingNow)
    I was stupid enough to think that this was all real but I ended up paying £10,000 for all this rubbish and now they won't even answer their phones!!
    Hi, my friend was recently scammed £4000 and I am really upset. I felt coerced emotionally into signing the contract. I am in the process of getting a large community together to fight this. Please get in touch with me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seanbarad)
    Hi, I was scammed £4000 and I am really upset. I felt coerced emotionally into signing the contract. I am in the process of getting a large community together to fight this. Please get in touch with me.
    Hi OMG I'm so sorry that you got scammed, this is bloody terrible.. Luckily I didn't go to the shoot and I have cancelled my card.. I read the small print and realised it was a photo studio.. Did you go to the same one, did you sign up through Facebook? Kerry

ReputationRep:
    HI, I just came to london 20 days ago and I wanted to look for a second job as a model and I was "scammed" 500£
    its true that actucally you are going to buy them photos.. so they probably are doing something legal..
    but anyway when I discoverd that I lost my money I felt reealy bad and stupid.. also because for me is a lot of money right now!!

So if there is anything that we can do altoghter to stop them, and save other people to this bad feeling.. i'm in..

Ps.
    somebody knows if they could use the photos that they made to us for them benefit?
    like post around our photos to sponsor them fake agency. that make me worry me a lot..

cheers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by el model scout)
    actually my name is el irving a talent scout

i have worked with london fashion models and they are a reputable company

any issues call them :

0203 026 5370

call them and you will for sure be dealing with very rude customer service!!!! You should educate your workers first to be patient before dealing with angry clients! Who wouldn't be very mad if you are scammed and robbed thousands of pounds!!! Your aftercare service should know how to handle it, they did shout on me and never apologised!

I don't know how these people can still go on their lives knowing they are feeding their families with robbed money, hard earned money from other people!

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Can anyone help me. I have been conned into this and was set into a payment plan of £750- £250 of that which was already paid. The rest I set up via a payment plan. After doing my research and contacting trading standards I have infact realised that this is a scam. The first payment was due on the 19th but no one had contacted me to take payment (not that I wanted to pay) they have just contacted me today saying I'd have to pay by the end of the week as it was a late payment and a was signed into a contract (which I never received) so if I didn't pay I'd be breaching terms of their contract. What do I do? Do I pay them or not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessie456)
    Hi,

Can anyone help me. I have been conned into this and was set into a payment plan of £750- £250 of that which was already paid. The rest I set up via a payment plan. After doing my research and contacting trading standards I have infact realised that this is a scam. The first payment was due on the 19th but no one had contacted me to take payment (not that I wanted to pay) they have just contacted me today saying I'd have to pay by the end of the week as it was a late payment and a was signed into a contract (which I never received) so if I didn't pay I'd be breaching terms of their contract. What do I do? Do I pay them or not?
    Jessie, Contact your bank explain what has happened. Contact Action fraud and Watchdog. Westminster Trading standards need lots of complaints in order to investigate. Watchdog may have more joy. The more complaints the better. Have you got a copy of any contract ? Have they provided the service you have paid for ? If not tell them to swivel.

ReputationRep:
    E
    (Original post by OdeclasRR)
    call them and you will for sure be dealing with very rude customer service!!!! You should educate your workers first to be patient before dealing with angry clients! Who wouldn't be very mad if you are scammed and robbed thousands of pounds!!! Your aftercare service should know how to handle it, they did shout on me and never apologised!

I don't know how these people can still go on their lives knowing they are feeding their families with robbed money, hard earned money from other people!
    Ei Irving is the company director of many companies associated with LFM at the same registered office addresses. His daughter Kelsie Irving is the director of other companies LFM, bespoke models.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alias2)
    Jessie, Contact your bank explain what has happened. Contact Action fraud and Watchdog. Westminster Trading standards need lots of complaints in order to investigate. Watchdog may have more joy. The more complaints the better. Have you got a copy of any contract ? Have they provided the service you have paid for ? If not tell them to swivel.
    I don't have a copy of the contact but they told me they'll only be able to provide me with the services once I'd paid the full amount. I'm going to contact my bank tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    I was also scammed by theses people, I paid 400 for some photos on a disc of my 3 year old son. Please let me know if anybody was able to get their money back. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Char45678)
    I was also scammed by theses people, I paid 400 for some photos on a disc of my 3 year old son. Please let me know if anybody was able to get their money back. Thanks
    Contact your local trading standards for advice on how to get your money back. Possible criminal offences for misleading actions . Also contact Action fraud.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seanbarad)
    Hi, my friend was recently scammed £4000 and I am really upset. I felt coerced emotionally into signing the contract. I am in the process of getting a large community together to fight this. Please get in touch with me.
    Contact CAB and Trading Standads.to get advice on how to get your money back. Also contact Actionfraud.

ReputationRep:
    Good afternoon all,My daughter recently submitted a photo online and today I received a call from Icon Fashion Models that use

ReputationRep:
    Good afternoon all, My daughter recently submitted a photo online and today I received a call from Icon Fashion Models that use "The Studio" based in Oxford Street, Marylebone and Piccadilly.

I was told she was shortlisted and she could attend a photoshoot but would need to pay a refundable deposit of £50, this seemed reasonable. I was then told that a portfolio would be made and he first photo would cost £50 but the guy could not put a price on the rest of the portfolio, he was quite pushy and after a lengthy conversation I realised he was just after my money, I told him I would call him back after I had spoken to my wife and checked the reviews out online of the company, he then said the space would probably not be available later lol. I felt like ripping him a new arshole as he was not conducting himself in a professional manner...

This is probably the same company in a new name... Beware people, scammers...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythm Doctor)
    Good afternoon all, My daughter recently submitted a photo online and today I received a call from Icon Fashion Models that use "The Studio" based in Oxford Street, Marylebone and Piccadilly.

I was told she was shortlisted and she could attend a photoshoot but would need to pay a refundable deposit of £50, this seemed reasonable. I was then told that a portfolio would be made and he first photo would cost £50 but the guy could not put a price on the rest of the portfolio, he was quite pushy and after a lengthy conversation I realised he was just after my money, I told him I would call him back after I had spoken to my wife and checked the reviews out online of the company, he then said the space would probably not be available later lol. I felt like ripping him a new arshole as he was not conducting himself in a professional manner...

This is probably the same company in a new name... Beware people, scammers...
    The Studio is a new name on their paperwork. Don't know the name Icon fashion models but probably the same crew,.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alias2)
    The Studio is a new name on their paperwork. Don't know the name Icon fashion models but probably the same crew,.
    I just posted another reply with information about this scam in the daily mirror, the moderators have removed it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythm Doctor)
    I just posted another reply with information about this scam in the daily mirror, the moderators have removed it
    Guess what ? Icon fashion models.Comany director is Matthew Oliver Wood. Of London fashion models ☠

ReputationRep:
    What can we do to stop the vile creatures doing this to innocent people my blood is boiling as this has just happened to me a few days ago xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mra3)
    What can we do to stop the vile creatures doing this to innocent people my blood is boiling as this has just happened to me a few days ago xx
    Contact your bank and explain what's happened. They may be able to refund your money, I'm in the process of getting mine investigated. Also contact action fraud and citizens advice bureau

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 19, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.