Feeling really down lately - after breakup Watch

lauralau21
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So I broke up with my boyfriend about 2 weeks ago, and I was happy I did it at the time because he was very controlling and I didn't feel the right way about him etc.
But now I'm starting to feel really lonely, I don't have many friends at all and I miss the chats and laughs we used to have. But I know I don't really miss him, it's the company that I miss.
I have Aspergers (autism) and also find it hard to adapt to change, so I'm finding it tricky at the moment. Does anyone have any advice? How do I think of the bad things he did instead of focusing on the good things?
ILikePasta
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don't know how badly your autism effects your social life but from my experience and those around me the best thing you can do is take every opportunity to hang out with your friends. Even if it's just one, you'll meet people through them and then meet more people and soon enough have new people around you that you can draw close to again. Obviously you will have to take some time for yourself, don't dive into something again. Breakups are hard and you need healing time. But it's a really good way of keeping busy, getting your mind off things and meeting potential new best friends and stuff. I did this last summer and now I'm more social than ever.
lauralau21
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by ILikePasta)
I don't know how badly your autism effects your social life but from my experience and those around me the best thing you can do is take every opportunity to hang out with your friends. Even if it's just one, you'll meet people through them and then meet more people and soon enough have new people around you that you can draw close to again. Obviously you will have to take some time for yourself, don't dive into something again. Breakups are hard and you need healing time. But it's a really good way of keeping busy, getting your mind off things and meeting potential new best friends and stuff. I did this last summer and now I'm more social than ever.
Yeah that's a really good idea tbf, I'm gonna try and get out more to meet people etc. Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (61)
8.65%
I used to but I don't now (17)
2.41%
No, but I want to start (265)
37.59%
No, I am unable to (167)
23.69%
No, I chose not to (195)
27.66%