Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Is 6ft1 too tall for a girl? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm 6ft1 and both my ex's were shorter than me (5ft10) and they said they felt a bit too short next to me sometimes.

Is it unattractive for a girl to be 6ft1?

ReputationRep:
    I think guys prefer to be with girls who are shorter than them. I wouldn't say it's unattractive per se, you just need to find a guy who doesn't have an issue with your height. You should probably try and go for guys who are the same height/taller so it doesn't become an issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauralau21)
    I'm 6ft1 and both my ex's were shorter than me (5ft10) and they said they felt a bit too short next to me sometimes.

at 6ft 1 and female you're definitely past the 99% percentile for female height.

what's more you're taller than 85% - 90% of men

yes, by societal standards you're too tall. Sorry.

I wouldn't say being that height automatically makes a girl unattractive, but most men will definately class you as too tall for them, or if they are interested [and shorter than you] many will assume you only want tall guys.

I would suggest you take the lead with guys you like and don't wait for guys to ask you out.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, theres a reason most supermodels are tall

ReputationRep:
    Be as tall as you are.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

Well you can't really do much about it even if it is unattractive, so I'd concentrate on things you actually can change rather than worry about things you can't.

ReputationRep:

Wow! You are 1ft and 1inch taller than me.

I would be pretty intimidated

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion, a persons height should not dictate whether or not you are compatible with someone else. Love is love, 6ft1 or not.

ReputationRep:
    only to men who are insecure about their height

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reality Check)
    Well you can't really do much about it even if it is unattractive, so I'd concentrate on things you actually can change rather than worry about things you can't.
    I dont think people appreciate it when you apply logic to their emotional problems

ReputationRep:

This is a ridiculous question. Tall girls are not unattractive! Tbh they stand out more so catch the eyes of guys more!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glad-he-ate-her)
    I dont think people appreciate it when you apply logic to their emotional problems
    I'm a scientist - emotion <> logic = :headfire:

I wish I was taller! I'm 5ft 2 (19years old) everyone thinks I'm 12...
    u could be a model! As long as u dress nicely and are a nice person u will find someone. Think of it as being unique, ur pretty lucky to be tall

ReputationRep:
    I'm like 6'2 - 6'3 and won't mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reality Check)
    I'm a scientist - emotion <> logic = :headfire:
    Its all just chemicals, innit?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    The real question is: can you dunk? That would be pretty awesome to see.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glad-he-ate-her)
    Its all just chemicals, innit?
    You understand.

ReputationRep:

ridiculous,i'm 6ft4 and if anything i prefer girls that are 6ft it's just attractive gives the impression of a supermodel if anything
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't bother me.

ReputationRep:
    It wouldn't bother me, personally.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: May 27, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.