The Student Room Group

*gcse grade advice needed.*

I'm predicted straight A's.

Mock results - 3A* 4C 2E (no revision).

Currently done some revision/cramming but need some advice.
I MAY fail Languages in GCSE and Business.

Business is very easy but honestly I can't revise it and the grade boundaries are so close. (Edexcel).

Do you think if I fail Business and Languages it'd affect my chances of university etc significantly?
It depends - are you thinking of doing a Business or Languages degree at university?

Most universities mainly focus on the grades you receive for A-Level and the core GCSE subjects (Maths, English and Science), and as far as I'm aware, Cambridge has no GCSE requirements except for its medicine and dentistry courses.
Reply 2
Original post by cheerlead
I'm predicted straight A's.

Mock results - 3A* 4C 2E (no revision).

Currently done some revision/cramming but need some advice.
I MAY fail Languages in GCSE and Business.

Business is very easy but honestly I can't revise it and the grade boundaries are so close. (Edexcel).

Do you think if I fail Business and Languages it'd affect my chances of university etc significantly?

If you don't want to do a language or business at university then no, it shouldn't effect you.
It does matter if you want to go to a top university (you need almost all A*s, unless you have a really good interview), but with less prestigious universities it should be fine as long as you don't take the subject.
Reply 4
Original post by S2M
If you don't want to do a language or business at university then no, it shouldn't effect you.

I'm thinking of going into Law but I do want to go into a top uni.
Reply 5
Original post by cheerlead
I'm thinking of going into Law but I do want to go into a top uni.

In that case, do as much work as you can for them subjects and try to pass them.

Quick Reply

Latest