Loaever
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago

Good afternoon.

I'm a Portuguese student trying to find a shareoom on England study and work. I'm interested in three universities: Doncaster, Northampton and Teesside University. I have done some research and looking to England's map I found two locations I believe to be closer to my destinations: Manchester and Macclesfield. At first sign seems Manchester is the right one, but what would you advice me? Am I wrong? If none of these two are enough, which city do you advice me?

I'm researching websites for information and so far I found those: Spareroom , EasyRoommate, Gumtree, Roombuddies. Housepals, Flatmaterooms, Room Hunters, RoomMatesUK.com, dubizzle, afs ( accommodation for students), findroommate. Which one do you advice me to see for share rooms? If none which website do you advice me to look at?

Please any help and advice is very appreciated since I need this information asap to start organize my life.

I look forward to hear someone soon.

Best regards, Andreia
dragonkeeper999
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Loaever)

Good afternoon.

I'm a Portuguese student trying to find a shareoom on England study and work. I'm interested in three universities: Doncaster, Northampton and Teesside University. I have done some research and looking to England's map I found two locations I believe to be closer to my destinations: Manchester and Macclesfield. At first sign seems Manchester is the right one, but what would you advice me? Am I wrong? If none of these two are enough, which city do you advice me?

I'm researching websites for information and so far I found those: Spareroom , EasyRoommate, Gumtree, Roombuddies. Housepals, Flatmaterooms, Room Hunters, RoomMatesUK.com, dubizzle, afs ( accommodation for students), findroommate. Which one do you advice me to see for share rooms? If none which website do you advice me to look at?

Please any help and advice is very appreciated since I need this information asap to start organize my life.

I look forward to hear someone soon.

Best regards, Andreia
I'd recommend first confirming which university you are going to (I assume you have already applied and received offers?), then the university will usually send you information about how to apply for on-campus accommodation (the most popular option for first year students) and alternative options such as houseshares, private halls, etc. Since you will probably have to be at university most days, you will want to have accommodation as close to the university as possible - commuting from Manchester will be a long way for all of the universities you mentioned, which are in completely different cities.

Once you've confirmed which university you are going to, you can search for accommodation in that particular city much more easily and the university will be able to advise you on the best options. Don't worry, there will be plenty of accommodation options available, particularly on campus.

I'd also personally advise against flat/ room shares for your first year - most people chose to live in campus accommodation for the convenience, social life and facilities. Sharing with strangers would mean you would miss out on this experience and you may not get on well with your flatmates, making studying very difficult.
Loaever
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago

Thank you very much for your replay

Your advices are very good, however I am looking to attend to their open days. For that same reason I was looking for share rooms, until one of the universities accepts me. Could you also inform me if I need some documentation in case of work?

Again thank you very much for your replay.

Best regards, Andreia
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (188)
23.98%
Pop (191)
24.36%
Jazz (30)
3.83%
Classical (46)
5.87%
Hip-Hop (148)
18.88%