GCSE Edexcel English Literature 2017 predictions

Watch
maria...l
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Paper 1 is on Monday and Paper 2 is on Friday, which is pretty soon. So if anyone has predictions for GCSE Edexcel English Literature 2017 predictions please share!
Lolguesswho
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by maria...l)
Paper 1 is on Monday and Paper 2 is on Friday, which is pretty soon. So if anyone has predictions for GCSE Edexcel English Literature 2017 predictions please share!
It depends what book you are doing like I'm doing Lord Of the flies and Much Ado About Nothing on Monday and like for the lord of the flies it would basically just as about how conflict is presented and you obviously have to mention the authors context unless you won't be getting many marks
For Much Ado it can be about how love marriage , irrational behaviour is presented etc
Also i read that some teachers have predicted London being the poem if your doing Time and Place for your poetry and you can compare that to Absence, Composed upon West Minister Bridge etc
k12ghdskp
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I am sorry, before anyone begins to cry I must hand out some tissue
chatty
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Doing Edexcel English Lit on Monday - Inspector Calls & TKMB

Any predictions?
Lolguesswho
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by k12ghdskp)
I am sorry, before anyone begins to cry I must hand out some tissue
how is that going to help any situation please just comment useful stuff on the thread because people really don't need that as loads of people get stressed during these exams and don't need negativity
leilabreeze
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
"Romeo and Juliet" and "Pride and Prejudice" anyone?
maria...l
Rep:
?
This page is supposed to be for "predictions" but it doomed over me that you can't really predict english literature... But what about the anthology poems? Which one is gonna come up? What's people's technique? Learn them all or just 2? I'm doing the "time and place" section and planning to look over all poems but really properly learn "I started early- took my dog" and "Stewart Island". Which poems are people's favourite and which ones are the worst?
AntiEve
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Anything for Romeo and Juliet? and A Christmas Carol?
maria...l
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lolguesswho)
It depends what book you are doing like I'm doing Lord Of the flies and Much Ado About Nothing on Monday and like for the lord of the flies it would basically just as about how conflict is presented and you obviously have to mention the authors context unless you won't be getting many marks
For Much Ado it can be about how love marriage , irrational behaviour is presented etc
Also i read that some teachers have predicted London being the poem if your doing Time and Place for your poetry and you can compare that to Absence, Composed upon West Minister Bridge etc
Thanks!!! Gonna study London and Absence now!
MO_16
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by AntiEve)
for romeo and juliet it will be on the love. and how either romeo or juliet is presented in a certain extract. it also depends on what examining board you have. most of the papers will telly you how romeo or how juliets feelings are towards each other in a certain extract. this is mainly in AQA. mainly the same with christmas carol. just learn themes and background of main characters. i am doing franksnstein and macbeth wgich is mainly on confilct and how it is shown.
AntiEve
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by MO_16)
for romeo and juliet it will be on the love. and how either romeo or juliet is presented in a certain extract. it also depends on what examining board you have. most of the papers will telly you how romeo or how juliets feelings are towards each other in a certain extract. this is mainly in AQA. mainly the same with christmas carol. just learn themes and background of main characters. i am doing franksnstein and macbeth wgich is mainly on confilct and how it is shown.
Thank you!!
maria...l
Rep:
?
https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...L12_Englit.pdf
pages 29, 30 divide poetry in 3 sections "romantic", "lit heritage" and "contemporary".
so i think this is how they're gonna make the questions
so poems interlink in 3 categories! I'm learning a poem from each!
MO_16
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by leilabreeze)
"Romeo and Juliet" and "Pride and Prejudice" anyone?
depends on youre examining board really. but most are the same. they will ask you to analyse a text and portray how one character is feeling about another in a certain extract. in romeo and juliet it will mainly be on how romeo feels for juliet or vice versa. it might also tell you to show where whatever happened in the extract happens somewhere else. pride and prejudice is basically the same. mostly it will tell you to comment on darcy and elizabeth.
k12ghdskp
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
how is that going to help any situation please just comment useful stuff on the thread because people really don't need that as loads of people get stressed during these exams and don't need negativity
what can you infer from my sentence? whats the last word? (hint:noun)
Sashmantitch
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by chatty)
Doing Edexcel English Lit on Monday - Inspector Calls & TKMB

Any predictions?
What's TKMB? To Kill a Mocking Bird?
office
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
To kill a mockingbird or A view from the bridge anyone?? really desperate
dancer-girl2014
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by AntiEve)
Im doing the same as you, my teahcer has predicted R&J to be a character question because they are easier and its a new exam but he also said that fate or love may come up so be prepared. I personally think that it will be on romeo or juliet and how love is shown or how they change.

Christmas Carol i found slightly harder, i think that again because its a new course they will be a relatively easy paper with high grade boundaries, i think that goodwill ad generosity is very likely to come up, possibly scrooge and how he changes throughout the play?

Please remember that these are assumptions/gesses and not accurate!! These are just my thoughts. I wish you all the luck in your exams, you will be brilliant have faith.

Please also let me know if this was helpful and feel free to share your predictions.

From Tia
dancer-girl2014
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by maria...l)
This page is supposed to be for "predictions" but it doomed over me that you can't really predict english literature... But what about the anthology poems? Which one is gonna come up? What's people's technique? Learn them all or just 2? I'm doing the "time and place" section and planning to look over all poems but really properly learn "I started early- took my dog" and "Stewart Island". Which poems are people's favourite and which ones are the worst?
As everyone else on here has already said, it depends on the exam board. Im looking at WJEC where we have war, love and nature. My thoughts are that it will be a war poem, either soldier or dulce et decorum est. But again i could bewrong. My favourite poems are Manhunt- Simon Armtage and Dulce et Decorum Est -Wilfred Owen
Mr Dee Mented
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Its an inside joke stop being so serious - Tissue is one of the poems in the Power and Conflict Cluster
If you dont understand why he said that ask then criticise.
shamil786
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
does anyone know what the question may be about for Christmas carol, also romeo and Juliet is likely to be about the theme of either fate or love possibly another theme, but then again love and fate are most common
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (18)
8.74%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (125)
60.68%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (30)
14.56%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (29)
14.08%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (4)
1.94%

Watched Threads