The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Maths 2017 - MS2B Statistics 2 - Tuesday 20 June [Official Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I couldn't do Q7 at all :frown: Found the paper hard
Reply 61
Original post by LaurenLovesMaths
I recognise lots of these but I think the very last one (and third to last) should be a^2 since the powers of 7 and 5 cancel when you put k in?

yeah, I also got Var(Y)=a^2!!!
Can anyone explain to me how you get k for question 7? I don't think I got I right.
Who got 9 for the last variance question?
Original post by LaurenLovesMaths
I recognise lots of these but I think the very last one (and third to last) should be a^2 since the powers of 7 and 5 cancel when you put k in?

Sighhh. Just realised because of my bad handwriting it did the last few questions with k as 15a^2 /16 rather than the a^2 at the bottom. Theres my 90 UMS gone and most likely my A* too. S2 boundaries are always so high
K=1/2
Reply 66
Original post by 67705151
Not sure if these are right but these are just some values I got, if anyone agrees or disagrees feel free to say.
(-4.6,75.8)
(15/(16a^5))
(1/(7a^7))
Mean is 0
Variance 7/a^7

Most likely all wrong but anyone agrees to any please say :frown:

I got your E(x) for the last question and I think maybe E(X)^2 as well but I got two terms for var(x) I think. The first term was nice like 7 but I got a horrible fraction for the second term for squaring E(x)

Posted from TSR Mobile
guys i wrote 15/16 and then crossed it out, because i just felt it was wrong and i had a bunch of answers all over the place. Assuming that 15/16 is right, do you think i can still get most marks, because i didnt underline a final answer but i did write k=1/2 etc
Reply 68
Original post by Eddy253
K=1/2

I wasn't sure of this in the exam, but apparently answers should have been left in terms of a. Thankfully I didn't try to guess a k value, but I found the wording 'value' suggested a numerical value should be found :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zentox
I couldn't do Q7 at all :frown: Found the paper hard

Yeah, I got to part two and was like, what?? I did manage to get the e(x) but that's because I used my graphics calculator.
How many marks do you guys think I'll have lost for doing my working out with an incorrect K having worked out a correct value originally? Were there any method marks available? How many marks were the last few questions work
Original post by 67705151
Yesssss

Yes but numerical value was 1/2 I swear
Did anyone accept Ho for their hypothesis test?
Reply 73
A*- 62 A- 54 in June 2011 which was the hardest until today. Grade boundary predictions?
Reply 74
Predicted boundaries pls someone
Please tell me that other people thought it was so hard? 😭
although it was hard it was doable and I don't think it was as difficult as some previous ones. The last question was the hardest and only so because there weren't numerical values. I think it will be something like 72 100UMS, 68 90UMS, 62 80UMS
Reply 77
Original post by Aimslouise
Please tell me that other people thought it was so hard? 😭

Yes but some parts were easier than normal, and var(X)= E(X^2)-, etc came up 3 times so you were screwed if you didn't know that XD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 78
AQA f*cked up hard. Why the hell would you say value when you want k in terms of a. Threw me off the right path completely and im sure it did for others too
Was k a constant or in terms of a? I was left with k(something a^5 something) = 1 from integrating and stopped there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending