Stupid geography! Stupid class! Stupid teacher! Watch

AcidPops
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Arrrghhhhh. I hate geography...I really wanted to take this up at uni—heck I actually like the subject but I HATE my teacher. He is sooooo boring. Honestly he problay thinks that I got an A* because of him (yeah right) and...arrrggghhh...he's just one of those stupied teachers that makes my skin crawl, makes me want to get drunk so I can (hopefully) remove the lessons he gives permanently from my mind and then go and die in a ditch somewhere.

Or it may actually be because were doing rivers...which I hate. :rolleyes:

However, I do have a problem with the fact that he gives out huge handouts and says 'this is all you need to know and I'm only going over this for one lesson'. :confused: He dosen't even go over the handouts. :mad:

Oh,don't get me started on my class. It only consits of four people...one of whom is my friend and lets just say I don't say anything in class because she soooo fancys the teacher, so if I ever say anything she will turn around and glare at me... if feel so ashamed of her. What if I 'accidently' let slip something?

Sorry about that; I needed a rant. Lol.:p:
inkblot
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Erm...'stupied'?
username136883
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I hate teachers who go over handouts. I can read on my own :/

I'm sorry you don't like your class, but maybe you should make an effort to talk in class? I know if I just sat silently I'd get quite bored. Of course, some teachers are just plain boring anyway. :P

(Psst, it's 'stupid', by the way :P)
Glutamic Acid
Badges: 16
Report 12 years ago
Lol, stupied.
AcidPops
Lol. I actually looked at back at that now and I have to say I seem more of an idiot than usual! :rolleyes:

Oh well. You can't be as dippy as me and not go wrong somewhere.
AcidPops
(Original post by rinabean)
Yeah I can read to—some how. However, I do geography so there happen to be alot of graphs etc that are new and it would help if someone at least explained the basic's about them once in a while, I can figure out some of them on my own,and instead of handing something out ALL THE TIME he could try teaching.

Plus, I'm not the only one who dosen't speak me and the rest of the world falls asleep when he opens his mouth.
Zygroth
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Same. I thought it was expected that you read any handouts you get yourself? :O I think it's a waste of lesson time going over that kind of stuff :P And go to the teacher in your spare time and ask if you have questions.
AcidPops
Can you read? Well you must not be able to understand something. I don't have a problem with teachers giving out handouts. I can read them by myself. I am capable of speaking, listening, reading and writing English...I have a problme with getting only handouts from a teacher all the time— every single lesson and him not teaching which makes me less motivated about my favourite subject. :rolleyes:
Annaconda
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i like getting hand outs all the time. It means i have a complete set of notes on the subject.
username136883
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
It's a different story when they don't teach either. But the whole point of a handout is that you read it yourself. If he's not explaining the basic premise behind the things on the handout, that's bad, but I hate when each thing is explained, or, even worse, when it's read out. @[email protected]

I also like getting handouts, because it means I can make a little revision booklet from them easily. And no-one said you can't read, so stop being rude. :/
Zygroth
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Lovelust)
Can you read?
Ohhh! That's what I forgot to do today, learn to read...I knew I forgot something :rolleyes:

I don't have a problem with teachers giving out handouts.
However, I do have a problem with the fact that he gives out huge handouts
Maybe it's just me, but is there something wrong with that? And this:
'this is all you need to know and I'm only going over this for one lesson'
He dosen't even go over the handouts.
Along with:
me and the rest of the world falls asleep when he opens his mouth.
I'm sorry, what did you say? You don't understand the handouts?
FFJ
Report 12 years ago
I hate a lot of my teachers and that is why I will probably do bad in my subjects.
Glutamic Acid
Badges: 16
Report 12 years ago
^ Don't get into that frame of mind, because you will create an excuse for yourself and probably will do bad. If the teachers aren't very good you'll need other resources more frequently.
trm90
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
but I hate when each thing is explained, or, even worse, when it's read out. @[email protected]
Word. My geography teacher gives us handouts that are a page long, makes us copy a picture of something on the back, and lets the class 'take turns' in reading it. Uuuuuuuuuuuurrrrggggggghhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :rolleyes: !
AisAis
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
We just play games. And then play games. And then play games. And then watch PowerPoint presentations. And then play games.
..Northern Soul
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Everyone hates geography. I also have a pretty stupid class and 1 fairly annoying teacher who i cant even begin to describe.

Stick with it and work hard, it will come good in the end, trust me!!
Original Legend
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
thats just school, just stick at it
AisAis
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ..Northern Soul)
Everyone hates geography. I also have a pretty stupid class and 1 fairly annoying teacher who i cant even begin to describe.

Stick with it and work hard, it will come good in the end, trust me!!

Oi, you nicked my A' levels! - geography, history and politics. Except I'm taking Eng. lit. and phychology AS too....

Great minds think alike, eh?
Bored1233
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
My geography teacher just makes us copy stuff of the board. We're not actually learning anything. She even got an award for the neatly presented books. I wonder why, maybe because all the students ever do is COPY!! SO THERE'S NEVER ANYTHING TO GET WRONG. I HATE HER SHE IS SOOOOO BORING AND NOBODY CAN STAND HER.
OGGUS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by AcidPops)
Arrrghhhhh. I hate geography...I really wanted to take this up at uni—heck I actually like the subject but I HATE my teacher. He is sooooo boring. Honestly he problay thinks that I got an A* because of him (yeah right) and...arrrggghhh...he's just one of those stupied teachers that makes my skin crawl, makes me want to get drunk so I can (hopefully) remove the lessons he gives permanently from my mind and then go and die in a ditch somewhere.

Or it may actually be because were doing rivers...which I hate. :rolleyes:

However, I do have a problem with the fact that he gives out huge handouts and says 'this is all you need to know and I'm only going over this for one lesson'. :confused: He dosen't even go over the handouts. :mad:

Oh,don't get me started on my class. It only consits of four people...one of whom is my friend and lets just say I don't say anything in class because she soooo fancys the teacher, so if I ever say anything she will turn around and glare at me... if feel so ashamed of her. What if I 'accidently' let slip something?

Sorry about that; I needed a rant. Lol.:p:
Just tell him he's full of **** and should be buried alive in trash and dead animals
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (35)
25.18%
No (104)
74.82%

Watched Threads