The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Maths 2017 – Mechanics 4 MM04 - Wednesday 28 June [Official Thread]

This poll is closed

How did the AQA M4 2017 exam go for you?

Amazing! :woo: 0%
Good :H 67%
OKAY. :bebored: 33%
Bad... :cry2: 0%
HORRIBLE PAPER!! :@0%
Total votes: 3

AQA A2 Maths Discussion Thread - 2017 Edition

Welcome to the 2017 A2 Mathematics discussion thread for the module code MM04 (Mechanics 4).
Feel free to discuss the upcoming exam, and once you've sat it. If you have any questions, feel free to raise them here! :smile:

Exam Information
Board: AQA
Module: Mechanics 4 (MM04)
Level Classification: A2
Date: Wednesday 28th June 2017
Time: Morning, 9:00 AM
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes

Revision Resources

UMS Correlation Over Years

Questions considered for discussion

How did you find last year's paper?

Which paper was the most difficult for you, and why?

Grade boundary predictions?

Favourite M4 question?

How did the exam go?
Reply 2
Original post by A Slice of Pi
How did the exam go?

It was easier than last year but a little bit lengthy. i couldn't work out the correct change in height of the c of g of a lamina to work out the loss in PE in order to get the angular velocity. Still they're all done now.
Original post by Jules49
It was easier than last year but a little bit lengthy. i couldn't work out the correct change in height of the c of g of a lamina to work out the loss in PE in order to get the angular velocity. Still they're all done now.

Good to hear it was easier. I did it last year and thought the paper was pretty easy
Original post by WarriorKnight15
It went alright though I was surprised that there was an 11 mark question - I've only ever seen questions worth that much in FP3. For the first part of the last question finding the change in height was strange and I'm not sure I've shown it properly. Only one exam left now - physics.

Thanks to the creator of the thread for creating the vote.

I could write up some answers when I get hold of the paper (not sure when this will be).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending