The Student Room Group

Edexcel IAL c34 20 june 2017

Scroll to see replies

It was so hard
What did you get for the years it take for all the ants to die :') and for the triangle vector degree was is 109 point smthg and was the shortest distance 2.42 smthg like that
Reply 42
The iteration question. Anyone had a problen with the last part i was getting both negative and not negative and positive
Original post by saady098
The iteration question. Anyone had a problen with the last part i was getting both negative and not negative and positive

Same here, both negative and i loosing my mind😔
Original post by saady098

I got negative and positive as we had to use the show that equation. I was struggling with it and realised it at the last moment
Original post by Sumaiyya1999
I got negative and positive as we had to use the show that equation. I was struggling with it and realised it at the last moment

I couldn't show the show that thing also,,
Reply 46
Original post by TjChudasama
What did you get for the years it take for all the ants to die :') and for the triangle vector degree was is 109 point smthg and was the shortest distance 2.42 smthg like that

What......what ants?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
Original post by AlvlVictim
June 14 ws the first ever IAL for most students that's why boundaries were so low

june 15 had 101 a* grade boundary and it was very simple. lets hope for 90-95 a* :frown:
Original post by zbbh1234
june 15 had 101 a* grade boundary and it was very simple. lets hope for 90-95 a* :frown:

Yesss
Reply 49
Guys, I have a feeling i might get 85-92/125 for this paper, I really a 150UMS or higher, what are my chances?????????
Reply 50

Yeah I was getting annoyed coz I kept on inserting the values for the first given equation. Then I realized you have to insert the interval at the second given equation, i don't remember what the equation was.
Reply 51
Original post by TjChudasama
What did you get for the years it take for all the ants to die :':wink: and for the triangle vector degree was is 109 point smthg and was the shortest distance 2.42 smthg like that

It was 109, as it didn't ask for acute or anything you dont have to subtract 180 by it. Some are saying saying 3.1 some are saying 2 something.

The method was you find the length of the longest line then find the angle, use AB magnitude and use sin(wtvr the new angle) x Ab magnitude.
Original post by MS1998
It was 109, as it didn't ask for acute or anything you dont have to subtract 180 by it. Some are saying saying 3.1 some are saying 2 something.

The method was you find the length of the longest line then find the angle, use AB magnitude and use sin(wtvr the new angle) x Ab magnitude.

Yeah I got 109 and found the shortest distance using cosine rule and area of triangle. I got 3.10
Original post by MS1998
Guys, I have a feeling i might get 85-92/125 for this paper, I really a 150UMS or higher, what are my chances?????????

We are literally in the same position even i need a 150 minimum but it depends on the gb if ther are in 90-95 for A* then A will most probably be on 83-85 and that will score u a 160 ums
Reply 54
We are literally in the same position even i need a 150 minimum but it depends on the gb if ther are in 90-95 for A* then A will most probably be on 83-85 and that will score u a 160 ums

There is no way it will be 90 for A*. It will probably be 100 for A* at best. An A would probably be at 87.
Reply 55
Guys I checked up on 2017-2015 all the grade boundaries for c12,c34, d1, s1 and m1. Let's use it to predict grade boundaries for us :P.
Original post by MS1998
Guys I checked up on 2017-2015 all the grade boundaries for c12,c34, d1, s1 and m1. Let's use it to predict grade boundaries for us :P.

For c34 the past papers were way easier than this one and the lowest gb for c34 for A* has been 102 so Ross one can easily task to 90-95
Original post by MS1998
There is no way it will be 90 for A*. It will probably be 100 for A* at best. An A would probably be at 87.

It has been 102 for A * in june 14 and that paper was wayy easier than this one
Reply 58
What's difficult about the c34 integration isnt it just like c4 integration

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 59
Original post by Rtdsv
What's difficult about the c34 integration isnt it just like c4 integration

Posted from TSR Mobile

C34 is c3 and c4 given in 1 exam paper rather than 2. It is a 2 and a half hour paper for 125 raw marks and 200 Ums. And we use the same c3 and c4 books

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest