The Student Room Group

Someone help, what move do I make?

If anyone could help me out here, I would be so appreciative. So I came out a few months ago to my family and friends and have started to like this guy. He is in the year above me and probably has no idea who I am, although he has accepted friend requests online, even at late. I have seen him around town a few times and we have both caught the same bus a few times, but never even made eye contact. We are in the same science catchup and I was too nervous to talk but did eventually message him to ask if Chemistry A - level was alright (making small talk to start a conversation). He replied, and said he enjoyed it. He also told me the course he is on but that was pretty much it. He didn't ask questions back and I did not want to ask too many so it did not look like I was coming on to him. From what I think, theres a 70% chance he is gay, however some of my friends think he definitely is and some think he is not. How else can I start talking to him or get to know him in a friendly way as I do not want to give him the impression I like him if he is straight. Bearing in mind our social circles do not link at all and the closest link I have to him is through a friend, of a friend.
Reply 1
Trust me, he isn't gay just leave him alone. Your only option is to straight up ask him if he has any partners or likes anyone just don't do this stalking weird crap that gay people do its so creepy.
Original post by Zeus007
Trust me, he isn't gay just leave him alone. Your only option is to straight up ask him if he has any partners or likes anyone just don't do this stalking weird crap that gay people do its so creepy.

You know that someone doesn't have to be gay to be a stalker, right?

Seeing someone around town and making small talk is not stalking.
Original post by Anonymous
If anyone could help me out here, I would be so appreciative. So I came out a few months ago to my family and friends and have started to like this guy. He is in the year above me and probably has no idea who I am, although he has accepted friend requests online, even at late. I have seen him around town a few times and we have both caught the same bus a few times, but never even made eye contact. We are in the same science catchup and I was too nervous to talk but did eventually message him to ask if Chemistry A - level was alright (making small talk to start a conversation). He replied, and said he enjoyed it. He also told me the course he is on but that was pretty much it. He didn't ask questions back and I did not want to ask too many so it did not look like I was coming on to him. From what I think, theres a 70% chance he is gay, however some of my friends think he definitely is and some think he is not. How else can I start talking to him or get to know him in a friendly way as I do not want to give him the impression I like him if he is straight. Bearing in mind our social circles do not link at all and the closest link I have to him is through a friend, of a friend.

I think the only way you're going to figure it out is if you ask him out for a drink or similar. You'll then know straight off if he is gay/ bisexual, and if he is attracted to you. Maybe you could hang out with the friend of a friend more, and ask for an introduction, but that feels like it'll be convoluted/ might be hard to pull off. I get it can be really hard to approach someone, but I think it's either that or you'll just see him around and never know for sure one way or the other.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending