Turn on thread page Beta

Crop Circles watch

Announcements

Has anyone actually read about them properly, in a book or on the net?

I was reading a book about them a while ago and it was very intriguing. If you look at the facts about them you have to agree..

They are all geometrically perfect
    They appear in very short periods of time
    There is no video because all electrical equipment has a huge power surge and doesnt work during the period in which they appera
    The corn is left in perfect condition just bent, an within a few days is back to normal due to phototropism.
    They appear in snow aswell with no evidence of footprints, etc. surrounding them.

A team of scientists tried to re-create one of medium intricacy and it took them over 2 days of non-stop work, and it was still nowhere near as good as the original.

I am also still skeptical, but you have to agree they are very weird..

Look at some at this site and see what you think.
    http://www.swirlednews.com/

Any thoughts?

(Original post by Chris_)
    Has anyone actually read about them properly, in a book or on the net?

I was reading a book about them a while ago and it was very intriguing. If you look at the facts about them you have to agree..

They are all geometrically perfect
    They appear in very short periods of time
    There is no video because all electrical equipment has a huge power surge and doesnt work during the period in which they appera
    The corn is left in perfect condition just bent, an within a few days is back to normal due to phototropism.
    They appear in snow aswell with no evidence of footprints, etc. surrounding them.

A team of scientists tried to re-create one of medium intricacy and it took them over 2 days of non-stop work, and it was still nowhere near as good as the original.

I am also still skeptical, but you have to agree they are very weird..

Look at some at this site and see what you think.
    http://www.swirlednews.com/

Any thoughts?
    I looked into it a while ago. Pretty weird stuff.

Too many people dis-regard it without actually looking at the evidence available.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    I looked into it a while ago. Pretty weird stuff.

Too many people dis-regard it without actually looking at the evidence available.
    So, can you summarise what the main theories are? I'm not into the ET line of thinking, but I am interested in what people think it reasonably might be.

(Original post by elisabeth_rb)
    So, can you summarise what the main theories are? I'm not into the ET line of thinking, but I am interested in what people think it reasonably might be.
    A lot of people think it is caused by strong magnetic fields. I also am not into the whole 'ET' thing, but it certainly isnt just some fool in a field, they are just too perfect for it to be that.

If you look at the link the guy posted you will see that some are simply breathtaking.

ReputationRep:
    That's really freaky cuz only yesterday I thought about them randomly and did a websearch!! lol.

ReputationRep:
    They're created by aliens! And I know that for a fact. When I was abducted last April, I watched them do it.

(Original post by Pencil)
    They're created by aliens! And I know that for a fact. When I was abducted last April, I watched them do it.
    Did you ask the aliens why they did it?

I read about one of the weirdest crop circles ever yesterday. It wasnt even circles it was a load of lines.

The lines were very similar to a code which was sent into space in the 80's. The code contained all the information about humans and the idea was that if any intelligent life found the code they would be able to decipher it. The crop lines were translated by someone at NASA and it had all the information about what seemed to be another race.

Very weird..

I saw a programme where a group of people confessed to doing alot of the crop circles.. they even shown how they were done, and made one in a few hours infront of a camera. Its all fake and nothing to do with aliens.

ReputationRep:
    I saw a programme where a group of people confessed to doing alot of the crop circles.. they even shown how they were done, and made one in a few hours infront of a camera. Its all fake and nothing to do with aliens.
    That sounds more credible. Having said that, they are so mysteriously accurate and pretty!!!

ReputationRep:
    Just becuase some are fake dosn't mean they all are. Also there are other possibilites besides aliens and fakes. Answers I seem to remember are animals trampling them in a strange way or somthing to do with the Earth's magnetic field. I would say most or all are made by fakers though.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.