The Student Room Group

Edexcel Physics (IAL) & Unit 1: Physics on the Go 6PH01 01 - 23 May 2017

Poll

How did you find the 2017 Edexcel UNIT1 exam?

---------
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Shadowfire123
I couldn't find a thread for physics unit 1 May 2017. So I decided to start one. You can post your questions here

anyone resitting the paper?

any advices?

i am.. i think its just best to do a paper find the points u are weak on.. and practise it topicwise.. :smile:
Original post by zooshan
i am.. i think its just best to do a paper find the points u are weak on.. and practise it topicwise.. :smile:

Finally someone - I got B for unit 3 - i am resiiting both units and aiming for a B....I have not done any revision whatsoever yet.....
Reply 3
Finally someone - I got B for unit 3 - i am resiiting both units and aiming for a B....I have not done any revision whatsoever yet.....

3B and unit 2 an A.. but unit 1 B.. so an overall B :frown:.. well i suggest u start it.. then we can discuss the questions.. it helps.. especially the projectile motion ones
Reply 4
is nobody else sitting these units?
Isn't that the old spec? I'm on the new one- core physics I :frown:. It's got mechanics and electricity + 20 mark section at the end about "working as a physicist" with like loads of graphs and experimental data questions.
Original post by zooshan
is nobody else sitting these units?

it is a resit paper

Original post by black1blade
Isn't that the old spec? I'm on the new one- core physics I :frown:. It's got mechanics and electricity + 20 mark section at the end about "working as a physicist" with like loads of graphs and experimental data questions.

Some of the things are similar except you have a few extra topics but similar
Reply 7
it is a resit paper

Some of the things are similar except you have a few extra topics but similar

it is a resit paper.. :/

yeah new spec.. its quite similar in essence
Original post by zooshan
it is a resit paper.. :/

yeah new spec.. its quite similar in essence

one shot...lets make it right and be happy

Reply 9
one shot...lets make it right and be happy

same hopes :smile:.. although i have c12 to focus on as its the next day :/
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by zooshan
same hopes :smile:.. although i have c12 to focus on as its the nest day :/

C12 IAL?? or C2 exam (C2 is next day) I am also doing that exam edexcel C2
C12 IAL?? or C2 exam (C2 is next day) I am also doing that exam edexcel C2

ial.. i suck at math..as in i dont enjoy studying it.. but its too late to back out now :/
Original post by zooshan
ial.. i suck at math..as in i dont enjoy studying it.. but its too late to back out now :/

let me know the things u are weak on.. i ll help u the best i can..
IAL is harder....I have done IAL past papers
just looked at IAL Jan 2017 couple of hours ago
yeah i did that paper.. i got a c.. and a b the first time.. :/ hopefully ill do better this time.. sigh
http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/physics-revision/edexcel-unit-1/
this link has good notes.. and the practise questions are helpful;l.. the worksheets.. but sometimes the answers are a bit different.. one or two questions in projectile motion
Original post by zooshan
yeah i did that paper.. i got a c.. and a b the first time.. :/ hopefully ill do better this time.. sigh

my c1 exam had an exactly similar qs to Q6 and 13 on IAL JAN2017:bricks::hmmmm2:

Original post by zooshan
http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/physics-revision/edexcel-unit-1/
this link has good notes.. and the practise questions are helpful;l.. the worksheets.. but sometimes the answers are a bit different.. one or two questions in projectile motion

thank ypu so much!!!:h::u::colondollar:
my c1 exam had an exactly similar qs to Q6 and 13 on IAL JAN2017:bricks::hmmmm2:

thank ypu so much!!!:h::u::colondollar:

apprently they are always very similar..
ur welcome :smile:
when are u starting the revision for this exam?
Original post by zooshan
apprently they are always very similar..
ur welcome :smile:
when are u starting the revision for this exam?

today...I was revising and doing Qs for C2...im gonna properly spent the days before the exams just doing physics
today...I was revising and doing Qs for C2...im gonna properly spent the days before the exams just doing physics

same i just did a c12 paper.. i find the intergration questions annoying......
Original post by zooshan
same i just did a c12 paper.. i find the intergration questions annoying......

send me the intergration Qs or tell the paper year and qs number....tbh C2 should be a bit easier as we have knowledge of C3 and C4

Quick Reply

Latest