Psychology paper 2 AQA AS level on 22/05/17Watch
- The origins of psychology, Wundt, introspection and the emergence of psychology as a science.
- The emergence of cognitive neuroscience
- The divisions of the nervous system: central and peripheral (somatic and autonomic)
- The structure and function of sensory, relay and motor neurons.
- The function of the endocrine system: glands and hormones.
- The fight or flight response including the role of adrenaline.
- Definitions of abnormality (learn them all)
- The behavioural, emotional and cognitive characteristics of phobias, depression and OCD
- The behavioural to explaining phobias (two process model)
- The cognitive approach to explaining depression (Beck’s negative triad + Ellis ABC Model)
- Biological therapies for OCD: drug therapy.