Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ...on my own...in front of the whole class.

Any tips?
    Last time I did one I nearly collapsed and had to stop and cry for 10 minutes after saying 2 sentences.

If I do it successfully I'm sure I'll have a few new friends.

ReputationRep:
    speak in an american accent.. always helps me. cmon! think of baker
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by feministy)

Any tips?
    Last time I did one I nearly collapsed and had to stop and cry for 10 minutes after saying 2 sentences.
    http://copperbadge.livejournal.com/3406378.html <= an excellent set of tips for nervous presenters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emerald7770)
    speak in an american accent.. always helps me. cmon! think of baker
    The class already hates me!

ReputationRep:
    lol why!

ReputationRep:
    tell them im a feminist

ReputationRep:
    Maybe, get to your classroom early and practice in front of the empty seats?

ReputationRep:
    lol why!
    Once my 'friend' threw a cookie from the back of the room at the teacher and everyone thought it was me...

I'm also a weirdo who never talks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Governah)
    tell them im a feminist
    They would actually love me if I said that though.

ReputationRep:
    At least it's not the classic situation where you have pulled the weight of your group and complete all the work for everyone...

I think doing a presentation on your own is better in terms of getting credit for the work you have done - it accurately represents the effort you have put in.

I did a joint lab report a few weeks ago (didn't have to present it thank god) and I did about 60% of the typing! Ridiculous!

Unfortunately you just have to suck it up and get on with it. Unless you have a secret weapon like propranalol or benzos lol

ReputationRep:
    Once my 'friend' threw a cookie from the back of the room at the teacher and everyone thought it was me...

I'm also a weirdo who never talks.
    Oh.. lol. Are you shy too?

ReputationRep:
    I always practice it in front of my parents before hand - it usually helps me get familiar with the structure of it in someone I don't feel uncomfortable screwing up in front. After that, just either gaze over them so you're not specifically looking at one person - or look in the spaces between them, that way you're still looking at them, but not directly gazing at them.

Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saffarinda)
    I always practice it in front of my parents before hand - it usually helps me get familiar with the structure of it in someone I don't feel uncomfortable screwing up in front. After that, just either gaze over them so you're not specifically looking at one person - or look in the spaces between them, that way you're still looking at them, but not directly gazing at them.

Best of luck!
    Lol my parents don't want to hear about how I am pro-choice

ReputationRep:

Any tips?

If I do it successfully I'm sure I'll have a few new friends.
    Well you certainly do an excellent joy of shutting down some idiots on here so I think you just need to take this confidence and attitude into it. Good luck 😊
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    > If I do it successfully I'm sure I'll have a few new friends.

Here's a tip from me, if you do it well you'll even have a couple of girls automatically going in Niagra Falls mode for your d- wait you're a woman. Oh guess it won't work for you.

Well since you're a woman, you could always go to Saudi Arabia. They don't allow women to do public speaking. Just the way I like it!

ReputationRep:
    Oh.. lol. Are you shy too?
    Aye

ReputationRep:
    Lol my parents don't want to hear about how I am pro-choice
    Awesome topic to do it on! Nothing wrong with being pro-choice, present it to your friends instead.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    lol why!
    What do you mean "why"? Isn't it obvious!?

ReputationRep:
    Be fun and interesting. Forget quality of work, just enjoy it. Find details you think your class mates will like. I used to hate doing stuff like that but now I love it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katzen)
    What do you mean "why"? Isn't it obvious!?
    i swr i cant take u seriously with that dp LMAO

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.